Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   how often should i be doing this? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292331)

philipsaurus 12-27-2006 02:23 PM

how often should i be doing this?

eff stacks 1200. i open from sb to $21 with 56cc. bb calls. villain is a solid tag, but 3bets preflop less than most. still, he is v capable of making moves postflop, and i think he knows that i have an awful habit of showing up with air all too much.

flop is T84r with one club. i lead $35. he quickly raises to $110. i think he is fos. i reraise to $350. thoughts?

Triumph36 12-27-2006 02:27 PM

Re: how often should i be doing this?

I'd call and CRAI turn depending on the turn card - occasionally I'd fold to this bet or to a turn bet.

Your raise size is a little bigger than it has to be, but I guess effective stacks are 1200.

tcorbin16 12-27-2006 02:43 PM

u are bad.

arkons 12-27-2006 02:53 PM

ewwwwww

philipsaurus 12-27-2006 02:54 PM

ok, im not saying this is standard. im just saying, you have to do this some % of the time. what is that frequency? this has to be > 0%, no?

tcorbin16 12-27-2006 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this has to be > 0%, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

no [censored] sherlock.

Triumph36 12-27-2006 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, im not saying this is standard. im just saying, you have to do this some % of the time. what is that frequency? this has to be > 0%, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore those who are unwilling to discuss plays like this - what the exact frequency you should do this is unclear (and probably unimportant in the long run), but you should do this every so often to keep TAGs from playing back at you with their own air on a flop like this.

punter11235 12-27-2006 03:12 PM

I dont that "What % of the time I should be doing this".
If you ask theoretically the answer is almost for sure 100% or 0%. If you ask practically you should pick spots when you think you have enough FE based on game dynamics.

JrJordan 12-27-2006 03:14 PM

I think a raise to $300 gets him to fold the same hands as $350 would. Given the TAG tricky read, this is certainly a fair enough time to do it. You have a few outs even if he calls, you can bluff a lot of scare card turns if you want (though I'd likely give up at this point), and I think a big part of his is single pairs that can make a tough fold.

TimelessTideless 12-27-2006 03:31 PM

Nowadays ya really gotta put the intensity in your play to make it. Ya gotta push for the stars, takin out all the scared little obstacles along the way. You can play straightforward decent all you want but by doing that you'll always fall short of being TIMELESS. Champions gotta take risks to get rewards. We gotta push our edge to cut through the competition. We gotta shake the babies we make our opponents into, and watch them cry cry cry. You should be making this play as often as you think he'll muck his hand, and after, you gotta show him to let him know that youre the man, and that he will never be one!