Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Affiliates/RakeBack (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   The ethics of Rakeback (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=512868)

TNixon 10-01-2007 01:41 AM

The ethics of Rakeback

Ok, I am playing on full tilt with no rakeback, and have been for about a year now. (when I signed up originally, I didn't know about it)

The only reason I haven't started a new account with rakeback is because I know full tilt offers a rake cut to their affiliates in order to attract new players. Since I've already paid a disgusting amount of rake to FT over the past year, they don't need to attract me as a new player.

In addition, it is specifically against the TOS to start a new account, and I generally think of myself as sort of a stickler for sticking to the rules. In addition, there would be a new deposit bonus involved, which seems just a little bit like theft to me.

But, I know I'm passing up on a ton of value by playing without rakeback, and as far as "following the rules" goes, I am actually playing poker online from the US, which throws a little bit of hypocrisy into the equation. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Am I just being supersilly by not wanting to start a new account for rakeback?

cwar 10-01-2007 01:49 AM

Re: The ethics of Rakeback

[ QUOTE ]

Am I just being supersilly by not wanting to start a new account for rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes a bit, its nice that you have very high moral standards but thats really not how the business world works, FT is trying to get the biggest edge on you they can and they are doing so to you, now if they were a US company that paid taxes I think your feelings are a bit more valid.

PS this thread will get locked so you may want to repost it in LC life.

jakeduke 10-01-2007 01:49 AM

I think the ethics are for you alone to decide (I'm sure you're aware they can probably seize your funds if they catch you), but if the only thing stopping you is the deposit bonus, couldn't you make your first deposit for the minimum? Then you're only making a few dollars in bonus.

If it bothers you that much, could you just play at stars? Have you looked at the numbers and guaranteed that you're better off at FT, even without rakeback?

cwar 10-01-2007 01:50 AM

Thats not true if they catch they will ship your funds back to the original account, this has happened to my friends several times, one even got to keep his new rakeback account. PS you wont get caught unless your stupid.

Schpacko 10-01-2007 09:07 AM

What exactly means "beeing stupid"? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CountingMyOuts 10-01-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But, I know I'm passing up on a ton of value by playing without rakeback, and as far as "following the rules" goes, I am actually playing poker online from the US, which throws a little bit of hypocrisy into the equation. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand you correctly, you aren't being hypocritical. It's not illegal to play from the U.S. (unless you are from a state that has deemed it illegal).

Perk76 10-01-2007 10:36 AM

Probably should quit poker, start watching your kids, and let your wife be the poker player at your house.

Merlinius 10-01-2007 02:34 PM

I wouldn't bother because of the "moral" problems. The way FTP's rakeback works is absolutely unjust. Those who did not know about the existence of rakeback offers before creating an account, are being crapped on by FTP while the lucky ones who did, get thousands of dollars on the expense of the others.

I would seriously recommend you teach your wife/mother/etc. how to play poker and make sure she gets a rakeback account. Anything else would be just stupid.

StnBuddha 10-09-2007 11:17 AM

Are you the dude who was first in line for an iphone???

hennnerz 10-09-2007 12:50 PM

Do you fold aces pre to save someone from losing their money?