Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514179)

MrWookie 10-17-2007 06:05 PM

Re: Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread)

Oh, and speaking of travels, I'll be in San Diego (actually Del Mar) from Sunday night to Wednesday evening. If someone wants to hit up Ocean's 11, PM me. I'm free each night, but I won't have a car.

bozlax 10-17-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and speaking of travels, I'll be in San Diego (actually Del Mar) from Sunday night to Wednesday evening. If someone wants to hit up Ocean's 11, PM me. I'm free each night, but I won't have a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I plan to be playing at the Bellagio on Sunday morning from about 9:30-12.

OrigamiSensei 10-17-2007 06:19 PM

Ahh, doggoneit Wook. I leave tomorrow morning for my Colorado hunting trip, else I'd be all over that. Besides I still need to meet up with tyler one of the times he's here. (married and family life is great but it sure does cut into the ability to go hang out with the boys)

After I log off tonight I'll probably be gone until around Halloween or November 1.

KingOtter 10-17-2007 06:27 PM

I'm going to be in Dallas... but there's nowhere to play cards there, so I'll probably be playing with myself in my hotel room.

Online, I mean.

Playing online poker by myself, is what I mean.

KingOtter 10-17-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get your ass over to the AP superuser threads in BBV.

really really short version.....
1. guy loses tournament and thinks he is cheated, gets sent an excel file containing raw data containing EVERYONES hole cards. Hand analysis shows that cheater makes expert plays that he couldnt have made without hole card knowledge...THEN further decoding of the logs is done that suggest a user 363 was observing the suspected cheater table the whole time. 363 is thus suspected of being some sort of superuser who feeds holecard data direct to the cheater.

Josems OP in a thread he started gives a nice summary

[/ QUOTE ]

Ozi, you left out the juiciest part. The data containing the tournament also contained IP address info. It wasn't a direct read out, as in, POTRIPPER is at x.x.x.x, but they were able to identify the IP of the superuser and trace it back to a location: it was coming from Costa Rica, but it wasn't from Absolute's HQ. It was from a private cable modem. They were even able to trace that cable modem to an individual: Absolute's CEO and owner Scott Tom.

I'm not saying the following as an official rep of 2+2 publishing, but personally, I'd pull any and all money out of Absolute right now if you haven't already.

[/ QUOTE ]

*lifts jaw off ground*

[/ QUOTE ]

the latest scuttlebutt is *former* CEO and owner. (latest being last night at work, haven't read it today.) What I gathered in that huge ass thread is he sold out sometime in the last year or so and evidently using a back door that nobody knew of or at least suspected he'd use.

But I still have problems with some of the story. If it is Tom he was very stupid in the way he went about cheating. He coulda used his back door for a very long time without serious risk of detection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the names in this are too big. I mean jeebus, if I'm (former) CEO / President / Big Honcho / Veep of Operations at some poker site I would think I'd be making enough money so I'm not tempted to rip off my ex-users for some walking around cash.

nomadtla 10-17-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nomad, LDO youre pissed at the Sox right now but youve dodged the bans so far but not this time AINEC.

now if Housecalls would just do something stoopid ill get the trifecta!

[/ QUOTE ]

from my official Email

Reason: penises do not belong in the NC thread

So they belong in strat threads? Can do captain [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

McNeese72 10-17-2007 07:14 PM

Hey Wook,

I'm too lazy to wade through the posts on the About the Forums section, so how soon is the VBulletin thing about to happen? Not that it really matters to me. Just curious.

Doc

MrWookie 10-17-2007 07:18 PM

You know that sticky that mentions vB? It's right there early in the post. Early Nov.

bennyhana 10-17-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I leave tomorrow morning for my Colorado hunting trip,

[/ QUOTE ]

how bout some details on this? Location? Species?

OziBattler 10-17-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nomad, LDO youre pissed at the Sox right now but youve dodged the bans so far but not this time AINEC.

now if Housecalls would just do something stoopid ill get the trifecta!

[/ QUOTE ]

from my official Email

Reason: penises do not belong in the NC thread

So they belong in strat threads? Can do captain [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! dont do it man, that was so bad. I'd hate to have to give you a much longer vacation.....geez, if a drunk wookie saw that I hate to see what he would have done to you....