Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   1000NL, JJ on low card dry flop against chr (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551023)

friend_ 11-20-2007 11:12 PM

1000NL, JJ on low card dry flop against chr

May be it is a simple hand, but I am always finding myself lost in such pots with TT or JJ.
Villain is 28/5/2.5.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($1000)
Button ($200)
SB ($1127)
BB ($2807.49)
UTG ($1255)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($80) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $70</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $230</font>, Hero??

Against a donk I usually shove right now, with QQ+ I shove against almost all players (or wait for turn to shove), but with TT, JJ I dont really know what to do: if I shove I usually will be called only by hands that beat me (so I risk too much to win a little), if I call, what to do on turn (should I call if villain bets big, should I bet if villain checks?)?

cbboy 11-20-2007 11:33 PM

Re: 1000NL, JJ on low card dry flop against chr

Well, unless the player is tricky (which is possible), wouldn't JJ = AA here?

friend_ 11-20-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at his pf raise, I think AA-QQ are all in his range.

imozyslow 11-20-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you raised he cold called

ArturiusX 11-20-2007 11:46 PM

Eh, I fold. You bet way too much on the flop imo.

capodu 11-20-2007 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is talking about his pf raise%.

This is tricky spot, it depends on how he plays the flop. His c/r is pretty big and his aggression is pretty low, dont think he will do this that much at all. This really looks like a made hand to me.

With other players it depends on how often they are going to check raise the flop like this as a bluff catcher, or with top pair. Since the flop is pretty dry, it is really prone to being c/r a lot. Against most players, without much information, I think calling the flop and revaluating the turn since you do have possition.

Edit: I would personally bet smaller on the flop or check the flop for pot control agaisnt a lot of players that would love to c/r this flop.

friend_ 11-20-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is talking about his pf raise%.

This is tricky spot, it depends on how he plays the flop. His c/r is pretty big and his aggression is pretty low, dont think he will do this that much at all. This really looks like a made hand to me.

With other players it depends on how often they are going to check raise the flop like this as a bluff catcher, or with top pair. Since the flop is pretty dry, it is really prone to being c/r a lot. Against most players, without much information, I think calling the flop and revaluating the turn since you do have possition.

Edit: I would personally bet smaller on the flop or check the flop for pot control agaisnt a lot of players that would love to c/r this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

His agression is not low, I think it is high. Look at hit VPIP, 2.5 with VPIP 28 is like, 20VPIP and 4 af. Guys with such stats usually very agressive postflop.

friend_ 11-20-2007 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I fold. You bet way too much on the flop imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think fold - is a mistake here, Such guys make such moves quite often with air. Of course he check-raised me a bit big, but I dont think that is enough to fold.

jj12 11-21-2007 12:35 AM

no way u can fold this. u can't give a guy credit for set or JJ+. Call and stick it in on a lot of turns.

friend_ 11-21-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no way u can fold this. u can't give a guy credit for set or JJ+. Call and stick it in on a lot of turns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I can, but not only because he chr me on a blank flop.