Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Relevence of Poker Training Sites (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514589)

allstaryou 10-03-2007 07:50 AM

Relevence of Poker Training Sites

Not sure if this is the correct place, but it seems "views" worthy.

I am about a to purchase a membership for a certain online poker training site. My question is, there are quite a few videos on this site that are made at Party Poker. AFAIK the person making the videos is American which leads to me to two conclusions.

1. He found a way to play on Party Poker (awesome, let me know how [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
2. The videos are from pre-legislation dates that have been saved and are just being released now.

What I'm wondering is, what relevance would pre-legislation Party Poker videos have for an American these days? I know there are fundamentals that will ring true forever, but everyone knows that the games have changed quite a bit, so are there concepts on these videos that should be discounted because of the evolved games?

Janis N. 10-03-2007 08:04 AM

Re: Relevence of Poker Training Sites

[ QUOTE ]
what relevance would pre-legislation Party Poker videos have for an American these days?

[/ QUOTE ]They would serve as a step closer to chronic depression.

[Phill] 10-03-2007 08:09 AM

Give us further details and we can tell you if a Euro or if its an old vid or what.

Fwiw, its not spamming provided you dont work for the company, of which all evidence points to the negative.

allstaryou 10-03-2007 08:26 AM

stox

Everlong 10-03-2007 09:13 AM

? the only stox videos from PP are pre-legislation (I guess the free sample ones are from PP though)

The current videos are almost exclusively FTP/Stars with the odd UB/AP

allstaryou 10-03-2007 09:37 AM

so....are you going to reply to the question?

[Phill] 10-03-2007 11:20 AM

The questions are answered.

Old vids are from Party, new ones arent. What more do you want?

gregorio 10-03-2007 11:32 AM

He wants you to tell him "what relevance would pre-legislation Party Poker videos have for an American these days? I know there are fundamentals that will ring true forever, but everyone knows that the games have changed quite a bit, so are there concepts on these videos that should be discounted because of the evolved games?"

acesinhole7 10-03-2007 12:14 PM

The fundamentals will still be there but your money is probably better spent on something more current and illustrated somewhere you can actually play.

StoxPoker 10-03-2007 02:58 PM

The videos of Stox playing on Party Poker are pre-Oct 06. We continue to post at least 3 NEW videos each week (this week we will actually be posting 5 or 6) but we don't take down old videos as long as they are relevant. Although the games on Party may be tighter now, the videos still have value and the fundamental concepts taught still apply.