Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   $11 NLTRN -Turn decision facing a big bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544148)

pokercurious 11-12-2007 06:16 AM

$11 NLTRN -Turn decision facing a big bet

10th hand - hand 1: I 3bet with AJs and he folded to my followthrough on flop. I've folded 3 SB's, raised one, he called, I cbet, he folded. He's raised all but one of his SB's.

B: 1,220
Hero (SB): 1,780

Pre-Flop: (30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to 60</font>
<font color="red">BB raises to 100</font>
Hero calls 40

Flop: (200) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 200</font>
Hero calls 200

Turn: (600) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [ 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 500</font>, Hero???

I didn't raise the flop because I didn't want to be in the unenviable position of facing a shove on that flop. (Perhaps I should have?) I just felt like I had a vulnerable made hand, but one that was made enough that it could withstand a lot of turns.

Frankly, I was hoping he'd shut down or bet smaller on the turn. The turn bet seems unreasonably large, so I think it could easily be AK, AJ, JJ, TT, 88 etc. Then again, it could also be 66, 77, 99, QQ+, AQ, KQ, QJ, Q9, 8T.

Looking back, the flop bet also seems like a scared bet. Not many $11 players are in the habit of putting big money in with the best of it on the flop.

So is this a fold? Or is it a shove?

TRuEAnGeL 11-12-2007 06:46 AM

Re: $11 NLTRN -Turn decision facing a big bet

I'd like to raise 500-550 that flop, fold to shove. Call seems too weak, many draws on the board.
As played, you have no information about opp's hand. And this is only a 10th hand. I think fold is ok.

chrismystero 11-12-2007 06:48 AM

Push flop. As played, push turn.

pokercurious 11-12-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push flop. As played, push turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Push flop? Why not raise instead?

Push turn? Do we have any fold equity here? (I doubt it.) Is his range wide enough that shoving would be profitable?

HokieGreg 11-12-2007 04:35 PM

Raise flop to 600 and call a shove.

We can't raise to 550 with effective stacks of 1200ish and fold to a shove.

shyturtle27 11-12-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just shove and put our opponent to the last guess for his chips?

HokieGreg 11-12-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just shove and put our opponent to the last guess for his chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either is fine. My point was mainly that we can't raise to 550 and fold to a shove with such ridiculous pot odds.

ChicagoRy 11-12-2007 05:58 PM

Nothing wrong with calling flop and shoving turn sometimes.

A lot of players at these levels that min 3-bet with strong hands will bet/fold flop but if called on flop they will generally fire another with a range that you're ahead of (aka the turn bricks and he has AK, AJ, AT, KJ, JJ, TT type stuff).

Waiting to see a safe turn and allowing him to bluff into you with a large portion of his range is often the best play in these low buyin game scenarios.

Another point to make is a lot of players might just get it in on the flop with all of those hands mentioned, in that case raising the flop is the best play.

I just find that as a whole players in 5-33s can get away from hands a lot easier on the flop than on the turn and that if you flat their bets or check OOP they bet out way too often.