Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Auburn Vs. K-State (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489431)

Mr. Mojo31 08-29-2007 09:20 PM

Auburn Vs. K-State

I saw the line is around 13.5 to 14 depending on where you go, does anyone have any thoughts one way or the other?

I think it should be around 19. I think Auburn covers easy.

Your Mom 08-29-2007 09:31 PM

Re: Auburn Vs. K-State

I lean Auburn. K-St. will not be able to block Auburn at all. Freeman has been terrible in practice from what I hear, though he may be doing better of late. I don't see how K St. scores more than 10 against Auburn. On the other hand, K St. has a decent defense and I'm not too thrilled with the Auburn offense, so I guess it depends on how many you think Auburn will score.

Mr. Mojo31 08-29-2007 09:54 PM

I'm thinking Auburn scores one TD off a turnover, and up to two other scores off K-State turnovers.

I see two problems with the line:

1. K-State has been horrid on the road the last couple of seasons. They'll be playing in front of 80k plus. They're used to playin infront of 60-40k depending on the big 12 venue.

2. I don't think K-State has the athletes to play with Auburn. If this were a mid-season game, I think the line moves up quite a bit.

Your Mom 08-29-2007 10:36 PM

1. KSU plays Nebraska, OU, Texas, Texas A&M, so a big crowd isn't a big deal though I do think KSU does struggle on the road.

2. Auburn is more athletic and def. has more talent, but there's not as huge a discrepancy as you might think. Talentwise, KSU def. has the best QB.

barryc83 08-29-2007 11:06 PM

Brad Lester is out for the game (AU starting RB) and AU's O-line is still very unproven and suspect (was terrible last year). I think I heard that 2 of AU's starting LBs are out too for this game. I'm torn, if I could get like +17 I'd def take KSU though. AU has started slow before, see GT game two years ago. I just dont know enough about state.

westhoff 08-29-2007 11:49 PM

Obvious biased here growing up in Kansas and having multiple family KSU alumni. So I say Wildcats win by 38, ldo. Also, wrong forum.

Seriously though, K-state's defense should be pretty good. Just a matter of how much they can score. I think it will be a great/close game.

Thremp 08-30-2007 12:28 AM

I think all of you are [censored] terrible at betting sports. I'll be at the game. War eagle.

MyTurn2Raise 08-30-2007 12:31 AM

WTF

why is there a thread on this game already?

I have K St and the over

not lying...I'm on record

sweetwater 08-30-2007 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I heard that 2 of AU's starting LBs are out too for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, where do you get your info.. BOL?

Austiger 08-30-2007 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I heard that 2 of AU's starting LBs are out too for this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, where do you get your info.. BOL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trahan and Gandy are no longer on the team, so maybe that is what you're referring to. Trahan did not make his grades and Gandy gave up fball due to concussions. That is all old news, but I am concerned about our depth at LB. We've got a TFr. at one backup spot. Then again, we are very young all over the place, so we'll just have to see.

Lester being out hurts, but I can't wait to see Tate and Fannin.