Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NLCASH 0.5/1 how badly did I butcher this hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=477585)

TNixon 08-14-2007 05:45 PM

NLCASH 0.5/1 how badly did I butcher this hand

Bought in for $40 against somebody sitting with $20 at a .5/1 NL table.

This is about the 13th hand of the session without any showdowns. The only thing I know about this player is that he's not overly aggressive preflop (he's been respecting my preflop raises, and has folded a few buttons), and that he seems to want to be every time he's checked to.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5.25</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($12.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $9</font>, Hero calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($30.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $40.5
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed 3s 6d</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero mucks 7s Ad</font>

Okolehao 08-14-2007 05:48 PM

Re: NLCASH how badly did I butcher this hand

This is for 20bbs? Just bet/call the turn.

TNixon 08-14-2007 07:23 PM

My thought process through the hand:

Flop: I'm pretty sure I've got the best hand, and he's bet when checked to almost every time, so I want to try to get more money in, but this is a very draw-heavy flop, so I don't want to check/call giving a free card. A7 isn't exactly a monster, though, so is it even sane to be considering a checkraise here? (And based on previous action, I think there's *very* little chance he's going to check behind, no matter what his cards are)

Turn:
He called, so he's probably got some piece. My check-raise could very easily look like a draw, and if he thinks I'm drawing, the 5 made a couple straight draws, but missed the clubs. On the off chance that he's just floating, I don't want to shut him down by betting, so I check.

The $9 bet actually has me thinking I'm probably beat by a two or two pair, because he's willing to commit his stack. But it's also a good bluffing card, I have some straight outs, he's very shallow, so it's not going to cost me much more to showdown, and there's some chance I could still have the best hand, so I call.

If he's got me beat, the rest of his chips are going in on the river anyway, and if he doesn't, I'm probably only going to get his last $5 by letting him continue to bet, correct?

But there's no point I should be even considering folding here, though, right? Even if the SB has a full stack behind? Sometimes I don't give folding much thought (just enough to reject it), and wonder after the fact if maybe I should have.

Well, maybe if there's a big bet on the river? Obviously I can't fold for $5. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

raze 08-14-2007 07:28 PM

I think I play it exactly the same.

IronFly 08-14-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is for 20bbs? Just bet/call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

KakiTee 08-14-2007 09:59 PM

shove pre

soop 08-15-2007 10:37 AM

based on your read that he will bet if checked to, i think you played it fine.

creedofhubris 08-15-2007 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shove pre

[/ QUOTE ]