Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pair+ FD in 3 way pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386102)

ultimatemike 04-23-2007 11:40 AM

Pair+ FD in 3 way pot

$55 buyin, about 120 runners - Sorry, no HH

Reads: MP is usually prety solid. Frankly his limp here is strange considering his somewhat short stack. SB is just completely retarded and could have about anything.

Blinds are at 100/200, money's still about 15 people off, so not really a factor.

Relevant stacks:

MP - 1800
SB - 2100
Me - 3500

Both MP and SB limp to me. I check in the BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Pot is 600
Flop comes: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB leads for 400, Hero?

woodguy 04-23-2007 01:30 PM

Re: Pair+ FD in 3 way pot

All in and its not really close.

You may have best hand already and if you don't you probably have 14 outs twice to improve which makes you a favorite over any pair, unless the pair has a higher club, then you are only a slight dog.

Their stack sizes make a push mandatory, and folding is beyond terrible.

Regards,
Woodguy

TimberBee 04-23-2007 01:40 PM

I agree 100% with woodguy. Anything but a shove is bad. I guess there could be arguments for a call, but lets say you calls, limper folds, and turn bricks. Now villain shoves, and you have a pretty hard descision.

Just shove.

ultimatemike 04-23-2007 01:56 PM

Thanks.

That's exactly what I did, I just wanted a sanity check.

I was fairly sure that MP had a large pair and was getting tricky, and SB could've had about anything from one pair, to a set to 2 overcards. Against any range I could reasonably put them on I figured I was the favourite.

Results:
<font color="white">
I pushed, MP calls with AA, SB calls with Td4d, and her 2 pair hangs on to win.
</font>

woodguy 04-23-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I was fairly sure that MP had a large pair and was getting tricky, and SB could've had about anything from one pair, to a set to 2 overcards. Against any range I could reasonably put them on I figured I was the favourite.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should download pokerstove at pokerstove.com, it is a great tool for determining you pot equity vs hand ranges, which is the crux of all these decisions.

Its an indespensible tool.

Cornell Fiji 04-23-2007 03:18 PM

push is the only play.

I also agree that you should get pokerstove asap

ultimatemike 04-23-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should download pokerstove at pokerstove.com, it is a great tool for determining you pot equity vs hand ranges, which is the crux of all these decisions.

Its an indespensible tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd done the math and everything with pokerstove. I just wanted a quick sanity check of the big hand that hurt me, and that there wasn't a more +EV way of playing it.