Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   By Tor (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=435261)

Evan 06-24-2007 11:58 PM

By Tor

What's the status on him? He is really annoying the hell out of me. He relentlessly trolled a golf thread. I told him to stop in the thread and he was a dick. Then I told him to stop in PM and he was still a dick so I banned him for two days. He comes back from the ban and he just sent me a PM calling me a little bitch or something.

I don't care about the PMs, I just don't want him being a douche bag in the forum. I thought he was permabanned as thinman, but obviously he's been let back. I never really knew if there was a reason for that, so if someone could fill me in that would be cool, as I doubt he's done trolling.

iron81 06-25-2007 12:07 AM

Re: By Tor

Link to alleged trolling?

Evan 06-25-2007 12:12 AM

Yes.

kyleb 06-25-2007 04:55 AM

He is allowed here because the theory is if we ban him, he just unleashes gimmicks. Who cares. Ban him. He sucks.

MEbenhoe 06-25-2007 10:16 AM

One vote of support for By-Tor.

diebitter 06-25-2007 10:28 AM

pm warning staright to ban seems strong.

Short suspension with threat of successively longer susp. for each toolish post should have him scurrying back to oot.

Dids 06-25-2007 11:20 AM

When he first came back, we didn't ban him on my request since he was behaving and banning him would have made it worse for jason_t and mslif.

Now they're long gone from 2p2, and he's stopped behaving. I think a ban is warrented, but be warned that he's a [censored] nutjob.

He's been a decent oot poster, but the crap in that golf thread was just so frickin immature.

El Diablo 06-25-2007 02:37 PM

All,

One more vote in support of By-Tor.

*TT* 06-25-2007 02:53 PM

I dont have an opinion because I don't care either way. By-Tor is very funny at times, and trollish at other times but he tends to be more funny than trollish. He was right to get a small ban for the pm bashing, but the trolling in the thread wasn't so bad - we have all seen worse.

I think he is the type of guy that just needs someone he respects to talk to him, he seems reasonable enough and he adds a lot to the forum. Perhaps one of us who is cool with him can volunteer to mediate?

nation 06-25-2007 04:00 PM

From what I've seen in his posts, he seems like a really immature older guy. It just doesn't seem like he ever grew up, he's still that annoying 12 year old thinking that every time he makes a trolly response it's hilarious.

MrWookie 06-25-2007 04:13 PM

I think giving him a couple/few days off is fine here. I'm not sure I agree w/ a full ban yet, esp. since he hasn't been given any incremental punishments in between.

Dids 06-25-2007 04:33 PM

Wookie,

He's probably had more accounts banned here than anybody but nos1nos2.

While I think a perma ban for that golf thread alone is overkill, his past history shouldn't be ignored.

Gildwulf 06-25-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you evan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unacceptable. I would lay down the law pretty hard here.

I'd like to think I deal with the most immature and trollish posters on this site and noone in bbv speaks to me that way, at least not openly:)

With the pms and the unapologetic 'f u' plus his history, I'd give him a week off with a warning that he is on thin ice.

NT! 06-25-2007 05:03 PM

before i was a mod, i used to want to see by tor get banned so bad. now that i am one he has strangely become a pretty good OOT poster. didn't look at what he did in the golf forum though, just my .02 on him.

Nick B. 06-25-2007 06:00 PM

I am also in support of him. I don't think he was wrong in the golf thread.

EMc 06-25-2007 06:15 PM

Up until that thread, he was great in the golf forum. I like him, I dont think a permaban is necessary

4_2_it 06-25-2007 06:52 PM

I prefer By-Tor over Thinman. I enjoy his OOT posting.

El Diablo 06-25-2007 06:56 PM

nation,

"From what I've seen in his posts, he seems like a really immature older guy. It just doesn't seem like he ever grew up, he's still that annoying 12 year old thinking that every time he makes a trolly response it's hilarious."

F U man, stfu. Oh, wait, you were talking about ByTor? OK, nm.

Evan 06-25-2007 07:12 PM

Just to be clear guys, I usually like by tor too. I think he can be pretty funny. Obviously he can also be very stupid and annoying, but you can't go around banning all of those guys, nor would I want to. I just wanted to ask because I was already curious and I figured it might become relevant.

Nick, he was being retarded in the golf thread and intentionally trying to derail the thread. Whether or not you think playing a private golf course that you're not a member at is wrong or terrible or whatever, it's really not a big deal and some courses basically support it.

GrannyMae 06-25-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's permabannable trolling?

sheesh, you guys need to grow up.

i vote for by tor

Evan 06-25-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's permabannable trolling?

sheesh, you guys need to grow up.

i vote for by tor

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, was I unclear? That plus PMs was 2 day bannable trolling. I don't think I've ever permabanned someone with more than 5 posts.