Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   My experiences with cigarette smoking (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528319)

sunnycalifornia 10-22-2007 04:06 AM

My experiences with cigarette smoking

I grew up in a household where both of my parents smoked, but my dad never smoked in front of me and refrained from smoking inside the house. My mom on the other hand smoked a moderate amount inside the house so there was always some second hand smoke in the household, on my clothes, etc.

I had my first cigarette about a year ago with a friend. I chocked a little bit at first as most people do but I finished it and felt nothing afterwards. Ever since that time I've had three more cigarettes. Each time I smoked it did absolutely nothing for me - I wasn't addicted, I didn't feel any different, and I didn't see what the big deal was. My college roommate right now is addicted to cigarettes and I don't understand why it doesn't have the same effect on me.

Has anybody else experienced this? or is smoking like alcohol in that its an acquired taste?

xSCWx 10-22-2007 06:54 AM

Re: My experiences with cigarette smoking

If you become addicted not having one is the problem. At least for me the satisfaction of having one doesn't come close to outweighing the craving of not having one.

I hope that makes sense. Basically not having one sucks, but having one is kind of neutral.

Does that help?

1968 10-22-2007 07:03 AM

you're not going to get addicted by smoking 3 cigarettes.. smoke a couple of packs then you'll start craving..

XXXNoahXXX 10-22-2007 10:17 AM

Keep smoking, you'll get it soon. Cancer that is.

Autocratic 10-22-2007 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're not going to get addicted by smoking 3 cigarettes.. smoke a couple of packs then you'll start craving..

[/ QUOTE ]

I start feeling slight cravings or relief when I smoke after averaging 3-5 cigs a day.

hoyasaxa 10-22-2007 11:32 AM

just dont do it. its that simple. its gross, it sucks, and it kills people. the best way to prevent all that is to never start.

ImsaKidd 10-22-2007 03:11 PM

Title should be "HALP! I want to get addicted to cancer!"

1968 10-22-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I start feeling slight cravings or relief when I smoke after averaging 3-5 cigs a day.

[/ QUOTE ]
he said he smoked 3 in TOTAL.. its not going to do it.. I think OP expected meth like addiction..

SlamminP 10-23-2007 12:26 AM

You're supposed to inhale.

wudabum 10-23-2007 12:44 AM

people start out with only 1 or 2 cigs a day, but they end up making it a habit. Addiction starts after making it a habit and it really is a horrible habit to have because its so difficult to kick. but just 3 isnt going to do anything tho.