Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Obama's Iowa ground game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528488)

iron81 10-22-2007 11:41 AM

Obama\'s Iowa ground game

Chicago Tribune

If you're wondering where all of the candidates are spending the $150 million they've raised so far, a lot of it is going into operations like this. A couple highlights:
[*] 31 state-wide field offices, each of which he needs to pay rent for.[*] Tracking each known supporter and calling each of them every three weeks.[*] Conducting a dry-run for caucus night in December by turning out all of the supporters for house parties.[*] (Probably) putting a campaign worker at every precinct to hand out banners and organize.

Taso 10-22-2007 11:58 AM

Re: Obama\'s Iowa ground game

Iron, my mother just applied to work for Obama. I'll let you know if she gets the job (As a result, we aren't on speaking terms anymore [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

canis582 10-22-2007 12:35 PM

Who's interests do you think Barack represents? Is he gonna be pro worker pro middle class etc?

XXXNoahXXX 10-22-2007 01:24 PM

I'm sure there has been some discussion on these boards about how to fix the system that has NH, Iowa, etc. as the most important states getting all the attention.

Can anyone link me to it?

Chips Ahoy 10-22-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure there has been some discussion on these boards about how to fix the system that has NH, Iowa, etc. as the most important states getting all the attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think the system is broken?

XXXNoahXXX 10-22-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think the system is broken?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think its dumb that candidates focus sooo much attention on Iowa and NH just because of the dates of their primaries, etc. They're not exactly representative states.

iron81 10-22-2007 04:14 PM

I agree that the primary system is reaching its breaking point: the Iowa GOP has moved up their caucus to January 3rd. Next year, if Iowa instists on going first, the caucuses will likely be moved before Christmas. Everyone recognizes that this is ridiculous, so the most likely solution will be for the DNC & RNC to set up a rotating schedule so states can take turns going first. However, the most common permutation of this plan is that Iowa and NH will still get to go before the rest of the states.

UlidEyes 10-22-2007 04:25 PM

Jan 3rd caucuses in IA will get such low turnouts that the country will be shocked when Ron and Barack win their respective party nominations. If people think Mitt and Hillary are the clear front-runners, they will be less inclined to show up. Then again, I wouldn't know what the Mormon population is like in IA, I'm sure they will all get there.

One Outer 10-22-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jan 3rd caucuses in IA will get such low turnouts that the country will be shocked when Ron and Barack win their respective party nominations. If people think Mitt and Hillary are the clear front-runners, they will be less inclined to show up. Then again, I wouldn't know what the Mormon population is like in IA, I'm sure they will all get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh god please. Pretty please? Best Christmas ever. We won't even have to campaign. We'll spend the rest of the campaign cash having an eight month party.

Nonfiction 10-22-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Giuliani is the front runner by far for the Republicans