Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   100NL River Decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530210)

mikalina 10-24-2007 11:37 AM

100NL River Decision

Bodog, pretty new to the table. Only read I have is that villain has made it clear in the chat the he thinks he's really good, discussing a hand with another player at the table, who actually happens to be a solid regular (fwiw, he completely mis-analyzed the hand and solid reg schooled him good). Hero has 120, villain covers.

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero
UTG calls $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $1, 1 fold, SB calls $1, BB checks

Flop: ($4) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB bets $3, UTG calls $3, Hero raises to $12, 1 fold, BB calls $12, 1 fold

Turn: ($31) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($31) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB bets $31, Hero ?????

Obviously fold preflop but this game is generally pretty loose so I like to splash around and try to outplay postflop. How often do we bet the turn? Thoughts on river action?

Sciolist 10-24-2007 11:52 AM

Re: 100NL River Decision

I am not a fan of preflop obviously.

I am also not a fan of flop: There's already a caller, you are very likely going to get one of them to call, you are just putting money in without fold equity.

Given flop, turn is fine.

Given turn, river is a call I think - it's hard to imagine a worse hand calling due to your flop raise. I doubt KQ would call even a min raise, say.

quaid745 10-24-2007 12:13 PM

call imo

Anycall 10-24-2007 12:25 PM

I like calling on river. If villain will pay off a small raise with a weak king,2p that got counterfeited on river, then raising would be ok. Since we are readless, I like calling better.

HoldEmNewby 10-24-2007 02:59 PM

I don't like flop raise as we have odds, and have a hidden draw if we hit.

as played i really don't know what you beat on the river and i don't think he pots it as a bluff, i'd let it go.

rand 10-24-2007 03:12 PM

if the game is loose you dont beat it by also playing loose, atleast not loose passive

fold/raise pre (prolly almsot always fold)

flop raise is ok bc they are usually pretty weak here but your not repping much

the river is close but im guessing its a fold at nl100
i dont think he turns 78 into a bluff, nor does he value bet a good K this way i dont think

so this is prolly 45, 9T, or K9,and maybe one combo of JT, even though i think he would prolly do somethign dumb like donk a turned 2P

billybeartku 10-24-2007 03:47 PM

raise to 80 or something, get it in if he shoves.

mikalina 10-24-2007 06:26 PM

Thanks for all responses. This was my first post here (hopefully of many). I ended up just calling, and it was close between that and shoving at the time. I ended up not being able to think of a hand that I beat that calls a shove and at 100NL, I can almost never fold to any large river bet (contrary to what someone else said).

He ended up having 9To, fwiw.

thac 10-24-2007 06:30 PM

Not to be results oriented, but that's why we don't wanna play offsuited two-gappers. Unlucky hand, gl in the future.