Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Session Reviews (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546506)

Seven_of_Cups 11-15-2007 12:08 AM

Session Reviews

I was wondering if anyone here is interested. I did a few in the limit HE forum and it helped tremendously. If there are enough people interested I would gladly organize it. Please respond here or pm me.

RustyBrooks 11-15-2007 12:16 AM

Re: Session Reviews

I am totally in.

21SuicideKing21 11-15-2007 12:30 AM

yeah this sounds great.

Last time I did this sort of thing and gave out my AIM on here at NL, I was later hacked into. So yeah I'm only pm'ing my info.

electrical 11-15-2007 12:51 AM

This sounds like something I would be into.

What is it, anyway?

RustyBrooks 11-15-2007 01:07 AM

A bunch of people sign up. Some kind soul divides them into pairs and gives each of them the contact info for their HH swap partner (sounds dirtttty). They trade a hand history with someone, typically 100 or so hands, and they comment on the other person's play, and sometimes comment on the comments and so forth. It can be very illuminating to have someone pick apart your play hand by hand, because it highlights not only specific misplay problems, but also stuff like (in holdem)
"dude, why did you raise A9 UTG here and fold AT like 8 hands later" i.e. it can help you find holes in your game that are spread across the session and not limited to misplaying a particular hand.

Don't forget a particular wrinkle in this forum, though, which is that not all people play all stud games. I can review razz sessions. I'd like to have stud/8 sessions reviewed but I doubt I will be helpful when reviewing someone else's stud/8 session.

[Edit: stopped myself before I bit off more than I could chew]

electrical 11-15-2007 01:18 AM

For reasons relating to not jumping off a bridge given my last couple of months, I'd be totally into something like this.

I play all the games, but I'm probably only qualified to review/comment on stud hi.

Alchemist 11-15-2007 01:18 AM

I like the sound of this. I can offer my stud/8 views in exchange for any of my RSE hands (although I haven't been playing much R or S lately).

xxeximusxx 11-15-2007 01:26 AM

i'd be interested but no one would probably like my advice. i'm a winning player but suck at giving concrete advice that is helpful or meaningful. I don't really know that numbers that well

RustyBrooks 11-15-2007 01:30 AM

Just say what you might have done then. That can be hard on hands where you'd have played 4th really differently. You just have to pretend that you took over the seat on, say, 5th st, from someone who you think should have folded but didn't, or whatever.

Some of the best feedback I've gotten was "why did you do this here - what was your though/plan"

Me: "plan? Me bet. Good?"

7csCB 11-15-2007 06:32 AM

yeah...I'd like to participate.

Stud high.

cheers