Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   party vs stars difficulty (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544174)

mgsimpleton 11-12-2007 08:08 AM

party vs stars difficulty

Sorry if this has been asked before... I 9 table 22s and 33s on party poker. Not sure of my exact ROI because i dont remember to get tourney summaries emailed to me, and PT doesn't count some of my cashes so I dont even bother with it anymore. I think its about 20%, which seems high comparing it to results from stars players here. Ive tried stars, and havent had as much success, but over a pretty small sample size. Ive never really bothered to try again. I would rather play on stars, as the party points system is a joke. (make 16 cents back from the 2$ fee in a 22) and some times at night I cant get 9 tourneys going at a time because of the lack of traffic.

Anyway, does anyone have experience playing both party and stars STTs with a reasonably big sample size? Is there much of a difference in difficulty? I play normal speed STTS fwiw.

Tantalus747 11-12-2007 08:14 AM

Re: party vs stars difficulty

I can't play at party but I think it's rather telling that those who can play at party do so.

Probably IBL. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Josem 11-12-2007 08:46 AM

there's no clear empirical data that the current games (or post-UIGEA games) on party are any different to games on stars.

there is, however, anecdotal claims that party games are easier.

i suspect that if there is any difference, it is smaller than people generally believe. i say this as someone who can play on party currently. i think it also applies to cash games and other forms of poker.

Lion King 11-12-2007 12:00 PM

I play on both. I also had around 20% roi on the 22's on party (speed that is) for a while, but then came my downswing and I got that down to ~10% or so. Anyway, it seems that the level of play is lower at party but I prefer stars for the structure and for the fact that they have more 'rakeback'.

tercet 11-12-2007 12:23 PM

Parties structure sucks and they take more rake, just play stars.

MauMau 11-12-2007 01:51 PM

played low stakes on stars and now mid stakes with about the same ROI on Party - overall i think party is softer - but you have to like the different structure

sence25 11-12-2007 01:53 PM

Party is pretty tough.
I'd play on stars.

mgsimpleton 11-12-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Parties structure sucks and they take more rake, just play stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

more rake? Aren't they 10% for mid level SNGs? or are you talking about the better FPP program?

Ill play a few hundred SNGs on stars this week and post results.

CheeseMoney 11-12-2007 05:41 PM

That sample size is meaningless.

mgsimpleton 11-12-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That sample size is meaningless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well considering I dont know my exact winrate on Party, any sample size isnt going to give me a great answer, but Ill get a pretty good idea of the level of how easy it is to stack off/break bubbles.