Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   LO8 river bluff CR (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547938)

donger 11-16-2007 08:33 PM

LO8 river bluff CR

Poker Stars
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $15/$30
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.67SB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.33BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.33BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>

Buzz 11-16-2007 08:37 PM

Re: LO8 river bluff CR

I like it.

Buzz

J_V 11-16-2007 10:49 PM

Betting the river is way better. C/r here is pretty much terrible. Cost twice as much and probably works less than a bet, imo.

Borys313 11-17-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting the river is way better. C/r here is pretty much terrible. Cost twice as much and probably works less than a bet, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my thought, if he has anything he isnt folding to a checkraise. And if he had nothing then a simple bet would do.

The only reason to play like this is if you think he is capable of raising with air on river when no low is possible.

All in all, beting is probably best. With the check-call bein a close second. With AK high you have some chances to be good on such board.

donger 11-17-2007 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my thought, if he has anything he isnt folding to a checkraise. And if he had nothing then a simple bet would do.

The only reason to play like this is if you think he is capable of raising with air on river when no low is possible.

All in all, beting is probably best. With the check-call bein a close second. With AK high you have some chances to be good on such board.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way the hand played out, I had planned on autopilot check folding the river. He instantly bet when I checked, which is info I should have probably included in the OP. This didn't really make sense; he should need a little time to consider a value bet on this board with any hand that he wasn't capable of raising with on the turn (barring QQ or retardo slowplays).

So I don't really think he can have a monster here. His range is weighted heavily toward bluff catcher type hands and bluffs. If I check the river, I get a free SD against the bluff catchers, and if he bets, I can steal the pot from better hands that are "bluffing," and from some thin/fuzzy value bets. I also pick up extra bets from the naked bluffs that can't bet AK-hi and would have folded or bluff raised the river.

Whaddya think?

Big Dave D 11-17-2007 06:58 AM

This being the Stars game, this logic isn't quite so strong. He will probably be calling every pair here so the CR only gets rid of an identical AK.

gl

bdd

Rainshine 11-17-2007 12:03 PM

unless villian holds A3QQ/AA23 this bluff I feel should work. I like it.

prodonkey 11-17-2007 12:23 PM

well you're repping a 7 pretty well, I don't mind this play at all.

Big Dave D 11-17-2007 01:27 PM

If you had the 7, a more natural play is to bet for value, having been in the lead for the whole hand. People in that game and the 30-60 will call with v thin highs on the river.

gl

bdd

Borys313 11-17-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had the 7, a more natural play is to bet for value, having been in the lead for the whole hand. People in that game and the 30-60 will call with v thin highs on the river.

gl

bdd

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in this games alot (30-60 and above) and everyone will call with a Q,J or 7. And some of this guys will also with a bare 2 and AT high.

Its just the "got ya donk" mentality.