Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Durrr in process of losing 60k+ in a chess bet.. good month for raptor (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=437886)

raptor517 06-28-2007 04:30 AM

Durrr in process of losing 60k+ in a chess bet.. good month for raptor

heres some build up details..

a couple months ago me and durr were talking crap to each other, and he said he could beat a grandmaster at chess if the GM was playing down a knight. i said lolol so we booked 5k. fast forward a couple months, get a few drinks in me at pf changs, and hes SOOO confident, so we end up betting 50k with the GM down a rook.

fast forward a week later, i get curtains to play for me and give him a 10% freeroll. curtains is an international master, so hes pretty solid, and i dont really know any GMs so i went with the easy route cuz i didnt think it would matter much..

anyways, first 5k game where curtains is down a knight, curtains wins decidedly. we used a 45 minute clock on that one. i also booked 4.5 to 1 somewhere in the middle of the match where curtains had a dominating position for 2k more, so up 7k there. durr had random bets in between to other people, so maybe lost 9k total or something.

for the main event, we were supposed to play a single 50k match with curtains down a rook, but durr wanted to decrease variance or something stupid, so we went with a best of 3 match for 55k total. after seeing the first game, i realized durr didnt have much of a chance, and jcmoussa booked 700 at 3.5 to 1 or something silly with me as well.

anyways, first match just finished, with curtains winning fairly solidly again.. durr was in a few manageable positions, but managed to donk it off with some ill timed moves. so.. 1 more win to go. we ended up coinflipping for all of the details, as in which side the rook/knight would be taken away, and which color would be played. so far durr played white first game with curtains down queen side knight, and white for the first game of the main event with curtains down his king side rook. this next game has durr playing white with curtains down his queen side rook.

anyways, this is probably one of the bigger bets done on chess in history. most people realize what their edge is and wont gamble on it, as you know, its a skill game and all. but yea, im having a good month so far with one of my horsies winning a bracelet, and it looks like its about to get better. details to follow soon..

mrTEA 06-28-2007 04:37 AM

Re: Durrrr in process of losing 60k in a chess bet.. good month for ra

this is [censored] awesome

Jman28 06-28-2007 04:41 AM

I do have to say, though a great poker player, durrrr is one of the biggest prop betting fish I know.

minnesotasam 06-28-2007 04:41 AM

2nd

This is so [censored] baller. Great work rapdurrr.

shaniac 06-28-2007 04:46 AM

who won a bracelet for you?

FUJItheFISH 06-28-2007 04:48 AM

well a knight is worth what 3 points? yeah im sure the edge of a guy like curtains on an unskilled chess player is more like 6 points or maybe even more. pretty sick prop bet and great idea raptor. please more videos of jumping off houses.

raptor517 06-28-2007 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who won a bracelet for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

ryan young 1500 nl.

raptor517 06-28-2007 05:06 AM

Re: Durrr in process of losing 60k+ in a chess bet.. good month for raptor

Durrr actually played match 1 with Black and is playing match 2 with white now. Should there be a 3rd match he gets white again.

One of the best lines from the chess match #1:

Durrr: damn I screwed up back there, if I didnt make that mistake I couldve won this one.

Curtains: Now let's not get carried away.

-Apathy

TheMadHeater 06-28-2007 05:15 AM

Re: Durrr in process of losing 60k+ in a chess bet.. good month for raptor

Sick. There's a reason people don't gamble on chess. Well.... normal people.

stetda 06-28-2007 05:19 AM

Re: Durrr in process of losing 60k+ in a chess bet.. good month for ra

I can't even imagine the prop bets that go on in your house Raptor. Nice one.

What's the biggest/craziest prop bet you guys have ever had?