Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Help With An Alternate Identity (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=445085)

GuyOnTilt 07-07-2007 06:14 AM

Help With An Alternate Identity

Dear OOT,

My first name is Brighten. Yeah, I know, lol, whatev. I actually like my name, and for the past 23 years it's served me reasonably well. The only time I wish it was something more traditional is when it comes to resstaurants. Whether I'm making a reservation over the phone, or giving some teenager behind a counter at Noah's or Starbucks or whatever, if I use my real name you'd better believe I'm going to have to say it twice.

"Brighten"
"What?"
"Brighten"
"Okay."

Of course that's not a gigantic deal or anything, but it's just really unnecessary and that bugs me for some reason. It'd be so much easier if I just used a name they would easily recognize and be able to write down without much thought - for both of us. A couple years ago I started using fake names whenever this came up - I've even had a couple go-to names for extended periods of time - but I've stopped using pretty much all of them. I just don't like any of them I guess, at least not enough to have developed a permanent moniker.

I want to find something with stay-power. Something I can use from now till the day I die. I've tried coming up with something myself, and I've failed. And so I turn to OOT to help me. There are really no requirements except it be easy to verbally recognize and spell. Please find me an identity.

Pseudonymously yours,

Brighten

Force1 07-07-2007 06:20 AM

Re: Help With An Alternate Identity

Randy...common enough to spell easily but uncommon enough that there probably won't be another randy around and accidentally take your cup of coffee

Yeti 07-07-2007 06:22 AM

a pretty common dilemna. a one-syllable name is definitely best, so consider something like pete, ray, jon, dan, etc.

also check out the thread by foxwoodsfiend in the diablo forum from a month or two ago.

Paul B. 07-07-2007 06:23 AM

Chad
Rob
Alex
Zach
A.C.
Screech

Sorry, got off course there..

UbinTook 07-07-2007 06:29 AM

what is your middle name?
Or
Brit?

GuyOnTilt 07-07-2007 06:48 AM

I don't like my middle name at all. Not an option.

blackize 07-07-2007 06:57 AM

Suck it up. My name is Brett. I always have to repeat it. Every moron I ever talk to thinks it's Brad, Brent, Brit, Berett, and I even get the occasional Britney.

JOEL_ 07-07-2007 07:07 AM

Darken

NhlNut 07-07-2007 07:26 AM

guy. (french pronuniation, gee)

kurosh 07-07-2007 07:49 AM

I use Kevin.