Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Raise to protect T top pair on a 3 flush flop? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557979)

maverickai 11-30-2007 01:25 PM

Raise to protect T top pair on a 3 flush flop?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, HERO ?

My thoughts:

fold &gt; raise &gt; call

I support fold because:
I have 2 other players to act behind, raising will not chase out anyone on a diamond draw, overcards will also not be good to me, I do not have a flush draw to boot, and I'll be spewing if someone raises or re-raises behind me.

Sarge85 11-30-2007 01:30 PM

Re: Raise to protect T top pair on a 3 flush flop?

Your UTG PF Raise with this is pretty suspect - but at any rate.

I call here and raise the non-heart diamond turn.

You bloated the pot and need to call IMO.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

kerowo 11-30-2007 02:22 PM

You can't protect anything here, if you are raising it is for value, if you are calling it is to raise a safe turn card.

At full ring .05/.10 this may be closer to a fold in EP than a raise.

Xylocain 11-30-2007 02:25 PM

:g:

I raise the flop for value and protection, if someone is folding 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or a K, Q or J thats awesome, of they have A or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] they are never folding anyway.

ProfLupin 11-30-2007 02:34 PM

I think I'm in agreement with Sarge...but it depends on the type of table you're at. First of all, I'd fold this preflop...are people showing long term profit with AT UTG at full tables?

Now that you're in the hand I think I call the flop and see what happens. Was this a loose/passive-ish table or are some of the players acting behind you TAGish?

tyler_cracker 11-30-2007 02:55 PM

ftr, i open ATo utg. against bad opponents your raise is for value. folding is fine, however.

not sure why you all think raising doesn't protect our hand. laying 11:2 is a lot different than laying 11:1. basically, what xylo said.

neurotiq 11-30-2007 04:37 PM

I usually fold this guy preflop.

The flop is a raise. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

kerowo 11-30-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ftr, i open ATo utg. against bad opponents your raise is for value. folding is fine, however.

not sure why you all think raising doesn't protect our hand. laying 11:2 is a lot different than laying 11:1. basically, what xylo said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly because it's rare to fold any diamond at the micros when there are 3 on the board.

tyler_cracker 11-30-2007 05:49 PM

i've seen bad players fold a low diamond here. if not, oh well; you were raising for value anyway.

favreftw 12-01-2007 01:09 PM

i fold preflop too.. u must be pretty laggy to raise this utg in FR?
flop i think raise&gt;call&gt;fold