Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hows my line with AA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534613)

KCrow 10-30-2007 12:46 PM

Hows my line with AA

UTG is a real nit and not particularly good, I've seen him min 3bet KK pf and not raise with 99.

I didn't bet the turn because I doubt very much that he called the Cbet with AK so the only other hands I figure he called with on the flop are TT-AA. I didn't bet the turn becuase I can get value from hands like TT-QQ.

When the K came on the river and he checked to me I think I can narrow his range down to TT-QQ. What do you think to the value bet on the end?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $51.90
UTG: $63.30
Hero (MP): $64.55
CO: $60.90
BTN: $22.95
SB: $11.65

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $5

Flop: ($14.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10

Turn: ($34.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($34.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $17</font>, UTG........

Spurious 10-30-2007 12:50 PM

Re: Hows my line with AA

bet turn !!!!

river is ok but fold to raise

MaltbyStu 10-30-2007 12:51 PM

I don't dislike your line but every time you check the turn you give him a free chance to make his set.

KCrow 10-30-2007 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet turn !!!!

river is ok but fold to raise

[/ QUOTE ]

What do I get value from by betting the turn? IMO villain is folding TT-QQ a lot of the time and I doubt very much that he's calling my Cbet with AK.

Genesis 10-30-2007 12:58 PM

I like your line for the reasons you mentioned. His range is likely confined to TT-QQ, betting the K will result in a fold very often. If I was villain I would probably put you on JJ, QQ, KK after the turn check. So this gives him a chance to look you up on the river. Giving him a free two out draw is not a big deal.

Daggemann 10-30-2007 01:00 PM

I think u played it fine, I think I would bet more like 21 on the river, given the reads. I would fold to a push, the 17 dollar bet seems very weak...

A real nit raising UTG, calling 3-bet and calling c-bet puts his range here to QQ,KK,AA. Maybe a set taken that u are 126BB deep. does he raise pp UTG? Does he play his sets tricky or straight forward (rr flop when hit)?

HighOctane 10-30-2007 01:02 PM

I don't see him checking the river with a K. So I like the bet, but I would bet less because you aint getting called often. But you played it like JJ-QQ (KK?) too by checking the turn. You should have bet the turn hoping for KQ,AK, KJ to come along - that was your chance to get more value from your hand.

Nicefingcatch 10-30-2007 01:05 PM

Yes, I like betting the turn to see if he is going to call you or raise you here. Never give people free turns!

Genesis 10-30-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn hoping for KQ,AK, KJ to come along

[/ QUOTE ] Besides AK, these hands are not in a nits UTG raising range, let alone his calling 3bet range. AK doesn't get beyond this flop most of time either.

r1tony 10-30-2007 01:08 PM

Check on turn is bad.. I do this sometimes as well and it bites ya in the arse.

Tough call if he re-raises river given his image.