Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   probably retarded question HU (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558087)

Triumph36 11-30-2007 06:33 PM

Re: probably retarded question HU

[ QUOTE ]
btw, i still suspect its a fold and i did fold, still not sure ofc... i kinda strongly suspect he will pull this BS with stuff like naked 7x, misguided semibluff with A4, A5 or A3... does that change things?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. i can't see a situation where calling this is good. like ever. against a random hand it's barely a call.

aditya 11-30-2007 06:36 PM

meh, I actually don't mind a call here. Considering this board is draw heavy as [censored], I prolly call here. If I'm thoroughly beating him though, I find this to be an easy fold.

MATT111 11-30-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think im ahead way more than 50%. hes just that predictable. but i think it needs to be a draw like... 85%+ so yeah i folded

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have a pretty good idea how his range looks like, so you basically ask sb to do the math for you by starting this thread?!

mendacity 11-30-2007 07:24 PM

This hand is similar to one posted by HEK where hero had 66 on a 345 board and consensus was to c/r ai. The reverse here is villain doesn't need a strong hand for your hand to have little value.

luegofuego 11-30-2007 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think im ahead way more than 50%. hes just that predictable. but i think it needs to be a draw like... 85%+ so yeah i folded

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have a pretty good idea how his range looks like, so you basically ask sb to do the math for you by starting this thread?!

[/ QUOTE ]

ok instead of ridiculing u for that response im just gonna ask u to elaborate. what do u mean by this post? whats ur point? please. id like to know.

MATT111 11-30-2007 09:14 PM

Dont know whats so hard to understand. These posts made me believe you can give villain an adequate range :

[ QUOTE ]

i think im ahead way more than 50%. hes just that predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i kinda strongly suspect he will pull this BS with stuff like naked 7x, misguided semibluff with A4, A5 or A3.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
hes folding a huge amount of flops and is generally super readable postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it should all just come down to a math problem, no?

luegofuego 11-30-2007 09:25 PM

well congrats u solved the puzzle. u realize that all situations in poker can be solved once u have a range and some odds etc? i dont know his range and i wanted input on it, so i asked. shouldnt i have?

nutsflopper 11-30-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hes folding a huge amount of flops and is generally super readable postflop. i think i can make a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good reason to fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about here as in on the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

ur still wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone folds a ton of flops, when he doesn't he probably has a hand right? (I understand you think most of these hands are draws). The bigger reason to fold here is because you're so sure you can outplay him in the longterm and pick up so many pots when he folds too many flops instead of risking so much on a big call which could be close to a flip or dead. Could you please explain your reasoning why it's still wrong?

jfish 11-30-2007 10:33 PM

probably retarded? definitely retarded.

im too high to give a decent answer now ill come back to it.

Jeffmet3 11-30-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hes folding a huge amount of flops and is generally super readable postflop. i think i can make a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good reason to fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about here as in on the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

ur still wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone folds a ton of flops, when he doesn't he probably has a hand right? (I understand you think most of these hands are draws). The bigger reason to fold here is because you're so sure you can outplay him in the longterm and pick up so many pots when he folds too many flops instead of risking so much on a big call which could be close to a flip or dead. Could you please explain your reasoning why it's still wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

because we're not playing a tournament and both players can reload????

it's a fold, but not for your reasoning