Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Another trip aces hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479055)

Disconnected 08-16-2007 12:42 PM

Another trip aces hand

Beginning of my second orbit, and I've got no history with villain.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $37.00
Hero (BB): $25.00
UTG: $23.05
MP: $11.60
CO: $4.15
BTN: $12.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN folds, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.15</font>, CO calls $0.90, SB calls $0.90

Flop: ($3.45) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, CO folds, SB calls $2.75

Turn: ($8.95) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.90</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $33.10</font>, <font color="blue"> Hero? </font>

In addition to the final decision, I'm curious to what people think about checking behind the turn.

AZplaya 08-16-2007 12:44 PM

Re: Another trip aces hand

as long as you called then nh - I would play it the same - hate checking behind turn with CO still in the hand - if he has AJ or 55 then lolcoolerments.

WarhammerIIC 08-16-2007 12:45 PM

Call. You might be up against 55 or A5, but what are you going to do? You could also be up against AQ, AT, A9, A8, A7, A6, A4, A3, or A2. You're ahead of way too many hands to not call this.

Checking behind on the turn is borderline insane and obviously results-oriented thinking. You have a BIG hand. You need to get paid off on it. Checking the turn to keep the pot small isn't going to do that.

Disconnected 08-16-2007 12:50 PM

Yeah, I wasn't thinking to check behind the turn to keep the pot small, but at the time I was thinking that I'd fold out some hands that would either bluff the river or call my river bet if I checked the turn.

I thought going for value here was better so I bet, but I made a "chk behind?" note by this hand at the time, so I thought I would ask. Actually, the results support not checking behind [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

sightless 08-16-2007 12:52 PM

ugh Id probably muck If I havent seen Villain go out of line yet
AJ JJ A5 55 all the hands a villain might have and he knows we like our hand on AXAX board

mvdgaag 08-16-2007 12:53 PM

I like betting a bit more preflop. If we are stuck with TPTK on the turn and villain decides to get agressive it's hard to get away from it but we have a lot to risk left in our stack. Betting bigger preflop and on the flop will make it easyer.

This turn is a definate call, but I hope you figured that out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like a checkraise better though. Villain check/called the flop so he likely has a weak ace or maybe a jack. There are no real draws to worry about. If he has a weak ace he's certainly betting it if you check and if he has a jack he's folding to a bet anyways, so a check/raise is great here IMO.

Disconnected 08-16-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh Id probably muck If I havent seen Villain go out of line yet
AJ JJ A5 55 all the hands a villain might have and he knows we like our hand on AXAX board

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one reason I think this hand is more interesting than it might first appear. A big ace is a huge part of my range, and even a poor player should recognize that.

choccypie 08-16-2007 12:56 PM

Would've played it the same except bet more on the turn, about 2/3 of the pot.

Call his ai.

Mike Kelley 08-16-2007 12:58 PM

insta-call

sightless 08-16-2007 12:58 PM

yeah if u bet like 6$ its kinda easier to call