Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   dealing with a hair calic... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=243130)

Suigin406 10-23-2006 02:31 PM

dealing with a hair calic...

hey, tried googling this, but to really no avail...

I've had a hair calic (circuilar growth on my head) for as long as i remember...i gel my hair straight back and spikey, but because of the calic, it never is evened out on both sides and tends to tilt forward too on the left side...

Anyone know how to deal with this?? i mean, i don't think shaving and regrowing my hair would do anything...would blow-drying it work [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] or am i just stuck with this?? any suggestions would be appreciated, thx...

dauler 10-23-2006 02:34 PM

Re: dealing with a hair calic...

Embrace it, it's something unique that sets you apart from other people. Right now you're probably concerned with conforming to a stereotype and blending in with the crowd, but you'll be much happier if you create your own sense of identity.

sleight 10-23-2006 02:37 PM

Be glad you don't have a double crown. All you can do is get a haircut that works with what you have, not against it.

niss 10-23-2006 02:37 PM

Isn't it called a "cowlick"?

DrewDevil 10-23-2006 02:37 PM

try googling "cowlick" and your results will probably improve.

NT! 10-23-2006 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this clearly demonstrates that i would be wrong to censure the OP via the 'lazy man's google' clause, which may need to be amended to include an 'earnest, but possibly retarded man's google' clause as well.

Suigin406 10-23-2006 02:41 PM

holy [censored]...u guys were right...google never asked me if i meant something else, so i didn't even consider that...thx a lot guys, i'll see if any of this can help...

Aces McGee 10-23-2006 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it called a "cowlick"?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my first thought, too, but I never considered them to be circular growths. This is a weird thread.

EDIT: Also, OP, I don't think shaving your head will work. I have always had a bunch of cowlicks (the last person who cut my hair said I had more than anyone she'd ever seen), and I've shaved my head three times, with no noticeable change.

-McGee

Suigin406 10-23-2006 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this clearly demonstrates that i would be wrong to censure the OP via the 'lazy man's google' clause, which may need to be amended to include an 'earnest, but possibly retarded man's google' clause as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

aaaww come on NT...how was i supposed to know that it was spelled 'cowlick'...i pronounce it as i spell it...sorry about the mistake in any case...

eerrr...spell it as a i pronounce it rather...

NT! 10-23-2006 02:47 PM

suigin,

it's ok mang. am i not merciful?