Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Stars 1/2 - QQ in bb vs steal raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557798)

JSampras1 11-30-2007 05:18 AM

Stars 1/2 - QQ in bb vs steal raise

I didn't have too many hands on villain at that point. My stats now have him 12%/6.1%/3.33 AF. I think he only had a few orbits, so all i had on his blind steals was 1 out of 4 i think.

I'm wondering if this was a terrible line. The A is obviously the worst possible card, but he raised in steal position so there's plenty of hands i beat. Against a more passive player i'd bet out and evaluate if i got raised, but this guy is really aggro (his turn AF is 7.00) and i really don't want him raising the turn if i have no idea where i'm at.

Either i'm crushing him or he's crushing me, and there's only 1 possible over that can come. QQ is way too good to fold against his range I think, and if I check, i'm almost certain he'll try to bet me off the hand if he missed. Is it terrible to just check/call FTR vs a guy who will bet more hands than he'll call? I don't see how else i make money if i'm ahead.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

BadBigBabar 11-30-2007 06:06 AM

Re: Stars 1/2 - QQ in bb vs steal raise

this is a terrible line
bet the flop

Harv72b 11-30-2007 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a terrible line
bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

And, why?
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Riku 11-30-2007 06:19 AM

Let him do the guessing, bet the flop.

Fadook 11-30-2007 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is a terrible line
bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

And, why?
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how it can make sense to c/c down. Maybe he'd bet TT on the flop and turn, but most rational guys will give up on that by the river when there's an A on the flop.

TimovieMan 11-30-2007 08:29 AM

Bet/3-bet flop. Call down only if he shows further aggression. Else bet.

Immediately c/c-ing is terrible, DUCY?

knockonwood 11-30-2007 08:51 AM

OMG, bet the flop

knockonwood 11-30-2007 09:00 AM

ok...I'll put myself in the check the flop camp.

I 3 bet PF, QQ is a premium hand. (Nice!) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Here comes the flop... There is an ace on the board. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Wait, I have queens and there is an ace on the board. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] This is not good. I bet CO has an ace. I'm behind. Damn, i had a good hand preflop. I'll check. I think CO will bet because he must have the ace (probably AK or something). I'll call his bet and see if a queen comes on the turn (I'll have trips!) [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

KitCloudkicker 11-30-2007 09:26 AM

lol i wouldnt check the flop but i dont really see why its terrible against a lot of opponents, as long as you dont c/f.

b/3b....now thats terrible.

TimovieMan 11-30-2007 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
b/3b....now thats terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I has AK and your raise don’t scare me! Muck your hand, mine is better!

I think b/c looks too much like “I have a high pocket pair, but that ace scares me”. Or would you b/f?