Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   A light call down good for the soul? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462895)

Barrin6 07-28-2007 06:11 AM

A light call down good for the soul?

reads: Probably a bad player who is loose pf. 40/7/.7

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $226.15
BB: $462.10
UTG: $108.30
Hero (CO): $280.65
BTN: $213.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $7.00

Flop: ($21) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>, UTG calls $18.00

Turn: ($57) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($57) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $81.30</font>, Hero calls $81.30

Pot Size: $219.60 ($3 Rake)

davidwrunner 07-28-2007 06:35 AM

Re: A light call down good for the soul?

A bad player with low aggression - and u think he is suddenly aggressively bluffing?
What are his showdown stats??
If he is a typical loose fish i think u are beat - or at the very least u will have better opportunities to take his money more safely

Colours 07-28-2007 06:48 AM

Instant fold.

5thStreetHog 07-28-2007 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Instant fold.

[/ QUOTE ]Im not sure about an instant fold,this is a missed draw alot.I agree that its a fold most of the time but it can be a very hard read.Having said all that i fold,but its def not ever an instant fold for me at least.

Nthnuts 07-28-2007 07:58 AM

I think you need a better read here than just probably a bad loose player. I don't think many loose passive players are going to overbet shove a missed draw here.

Nielsio 07-28-2007 08:01 AM

Your big flop bet made it impossible for you to bet the turn without committing yourself. And now you've repped whiffed 100% (big flop bet to rep strength and then shut down).

Colours 07-28-2007 08:14 AM

Calling an overbet from a player who's most likely not capable of shoving missed draws is an instant fold for me. I rather find a better spot to take his stack (read: value bet himn to death).

Nick Royale 07-28-2007 08:17 AM

Bet less on the flop. On the river I would be more inclined to call a psb, ime the oversized bets are more likely to be made when villain has been slowplaying and now want full value from his hand. Besides he seems passive. I think it's close, calling is fine but when making a decision like this I'm always looking at ftcb and bet riv % stats as well as they give a better idea of his bluffing frequency.

5thStreetHog 07-28-2007 08:52 AM

Betting less on this drawy flop against someone who is limping almost any two is just dumb to me,are we trying to give him odds to suck us out,thats the idea???I hate this thought process.

Nielsio 07-28-2007 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting less on this drawy flop against someone who is limping almost any two is just dumb to me,are we trying to give him odds to suck us out,thats the idea???I hate this thought process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the turn and see who you are criticizing.