Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Best NFL wide receivers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558320)

jogsxyz 11-30-2007 10:33 PM

Best NFL wide receivers

This site claims the best wide receivers of all time are current active players.

1. Still Jerry Rice.

2. Randy Moss. This guy is a monster. That is when he wants to play. The team never knows when he will take a play off.

3. Marvin Harrison. He's my number 2. Tries every play. Willing to go to the middle. Even blocks.

4. Terrell Owens. Dangerous receiver. Dangerous to both sides. Lead the league in drops last year. Always has had a history of drops.

So who are your favorites?

NLSoldier 11-30-2007 10:34 PM

Re: Best NFL wide receivers

randy ratio is best eva

capone0 11-30-2007 10:35 PM

I'm pretty sure this is way too today oriented.

jogsxyz 11-30-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
randy ratio is best eva

[/ QUOTE ]

John Taylor made many huge touchdown runs because of the Jerry Rice block. How often has Randy Moss made a key block for his teammates?

capone0 11-30-2007 10:42 PM

I'd take Rice over randy. Rice never gave up on his teams.

Jurollo 11-30-2007 10:42 PM

Wes Welker.

In truth, even as a Patriot fan I always loved Wayne Chrebet, not nearly as talented as 90% of the guys just worked his ass off, for the same reason I loved Troy Brown. Also... put Irving Fryar in the HoF.

jogsxyz 11-30-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure this is way too today oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

In pure ability I agree with this site. Only Moss and Owens are lousy team players.

Needle77 11-30-2007 10:45 PM

Where is Andre Reed and Jimmy Smith?

Edit: by "where is" I mean why 22 and 24 and not top 10.

Edit #2: After closer look how are Bruce, Holt, Berrian, Rod Smith, Steve Smith, and Chad Johnson ahead of both of these players?

Jeff W 11-30-2007 10:45 PM

Any list without Don Hutson is worthless.

Victor 11-30-2007 11:04 PM

list is pretty bunk. cj at 6 is super lol.

lapoker17 11-30-2007 11:06 PM

berrian right before andre reid is hilarious.

jmill2511 11-30-2007 11:07 PM

Comparing past players to todays players is silly. The game has evolved so much, players are bigger, faster, and better in general. Kids start training to be NFL players out of the womb now, it didn't used to be like that. Watching film of receivers from 30 years ago compared to the best receivers today is just laughable, it was a completely different game.

Golden_Rhino 11-30-2007 11:08 PM

Sterling Sharpe would have been top 5 if he had a longer career imo.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/741/290698kh2.jpg

Troll_Inc 11-30-2007 11:27 PM

I'd take Owens over Moss.

Owens has a much better work ethic and is stonger, not afraid of getting popped.

The Eagles/Dawkins last week showed you how to beat down Moss. Just smack him around a little and he isn't a great receiver that catches 3 TDs per game.

sightless 11-30-2007 11:44 PM

IMO Randy Moss is by far the most athletically gifted player ever in the nfl.

that with the fact that Owens drops a lot make shim better than Owens imo

dlk9s 11-30-2007 11:51 PM

Holy [censored], that's one bad list. I don't think the author knows anything about football.

Vyse 12-01-2007 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Owens has a much better work ethic and is stonger, not afraid of getting popped.

The Eagles/Dawkins last week showed you how to beat down Moss. Just smack him around a little and he isn't a great receiver that catches 3 TDs per game.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that mean anything if Moss still ends up getting his production, more so than Owens. You're just subjecting your own bias into their evaluation as a player.

Jack of Arcades 12-01-2007 12:29 AM

Today's offenses + today's athletes = best wrs ever, of course. Randy at his "peak" is probably #2.

Hutson was obviously dominant, but I wonder how he would have translated to today's game.

RickAstleyFan 12-01-2007 12:36 AM

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2...dlecardoe1.jpg

End Thread

Jack of Arcades 12-01-2007 12:40 AM

also, in before art monk debate

Chris Daddy Cool 12-01-2007 12:42 AM

jerry rice is my all time favorite football player.

chad johnson at 6? lol.

Jack of Arcades 12-01-2007 12:44 AM

Sure, CJ is young but he's been one of the best wr in the league since he got in. OK, he doesn't deserve to be #6 but he's a mainstay among top wrs.

Butcho22 12-01-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh this has to be a level

PokerFink 12-01-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really - the Eagles gave Moss a consistant double team on almost every play the entire game. It wasn't Dawkins taking him out of the game, it was Dawkins AND Sheppard.

Jack of Arcades 12-01-2007 12:51 AM

They did it at the expense of letting wes welker catch everything underneath. That wasn't a bad decision, one huge play aside.

MacGuyV 12-01-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], that's one bad list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Veecee 12-01-2007 01:20 AM

LOL @ Bernard Berrian.

Also the comment on Jimmy Smith is hilarious.

BillNye 12-01-2007 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
randy ratio is best eva

[/ QUOTE ]

John Taylor made many huge touchdown runs because of the Jerry Rice block. How often has Randy Moss made a key block for his teammates?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who told you that, ESPN?

A) You dont know if Rice singlehandedly made "many huge TD runs" because of his blocks.
B) You dont know that Randy doesn't block.

Assume you are right: Bobby Wade is an awesome blocker for a WR, is he good? nope.

Needle77 12-01-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], that's one bad list.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you agree with me on getting Andre Reed higher. And everyone knows if Jimmy was in NY he woulda been top 10 maybe better. I miss watching Jimmy Smith play football, he was so dominant.

vhawk01 12-01-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
randy ratio is best eva

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A million times? Oh you mean how many times have the announcers polished his nob for it, my bad.

lobster 12-01-2007 02:16 AM

i agree with the terry glenn placement, he is obliviousy one of the fastest

bernie 12-01-2007 04:43 AM

Nice to see Largent at #5.

God he was fun to watch. Even funner to watch CBs trying to cover him.

b

mmbt0ne 12-01-2007 05:28 AM

TTIWWCalvin

Assani Fisher 12-01-2007 06:33 AM

Is there another guy with the name "Bernard Berrian" that I'm not aware of? Seriously, I mean even though I think the CJ ranking at #6 is horrible at least I can understand how someone might overrate him due to him being a current player and often in the spotlight. But Bernard Berrian????

EWS87 12-01-2007 06:45 AM

randy moss is the best reciever of all-time...im not sure rice belongs in the top 5

Assani Fisher 12-01-2007 06:46 AM

Taking a look at some other lists on that site....

Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day is apparently the 69th greatest guitar player int he history of the world(and unless I missed it, Stevie Ray Vaughn didn't make the top 100).

Nelly Furtado is the 9th greatest female vocalist ever, Shakira is the 19th, Beyonce is the 23rd, Brittany Spears is the 25th, Pink the 35th, Mary J Blige the 36th. Oh and Aretha Franklin and Janis Joplin...they're worse than all of them at 44th and 45th(one spot ahead of Rihanna LDO).

Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews is the 11th greatest recorded song in music history.

Gladiator is the 4th best movie of all time, Titanic is the 5th, Troy is the 6th, the Patriot is the 14th, the Notebook is the 16th, Super Mario Bros is the 26th, Moulin Rouge is the 28th...yeah I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Gillian Anderson is the greatest actress of all time.

Cedric Benson is the 25th greatest RB of all time.

thatpfunk 12-01-2007 06:50 AM

"IMO Randy Moss is by far the most athletically gifted player ever in the nfl."

devin hester says hey.

he destroys at a much higher rate than randy.

EWS87 12-01-2007 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"IMO Randy Moss is by far the most athletically gifted player ever in the nfl."

devin hester says hey.

he destroys at a much higher rate than randy.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has not played enough games to be in the same sentence as randy...also he has not yet shown the ability to do what he does on offense

success at KR/PR never lasts because they stop getting the ball kicked to them...people were hyping up dante hall a few years ago more then hester now and look where hes at

SMIGLET 12-01-2007 06:54 AM

you can debate who is better and all that but i say what you should ask is if you were starting a franchise who would you want on your team. Order imo:
1. rice
2. owens
3. harrison
4. moss

i think alot of people underrate owens because of his drops. Ya he led the league in drops last year but also remember that he was playing the entire season with a broken bone in his hand. despite the drops he has still produced more than any other receiver in the last string of years.

Most importantly he works harder than anyone, and he gives 100% on every play. Hes not team destructive, hes just an idiot. I'll take it

Golden_Rhino 12-01-2007 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
randy moss is the best reciever of all-time...im not sure rice belongs in the top 5

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen Jerry Rice play? If you wanna argue that Moss is better, fine, But Rice not in the top 5? Really??