Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Interesting hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533677)

anti1k 10-29-2007 05:05 AM

Interesting hand

5/T
5 players

BB is 31/25/4

Hero is CO with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Utg folds, Hero Raises, 2 folds BB calls

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets

when BB checks turn He probably wount have straight or flush. He probably has a pair or two. Im behind most of the time but still betting turn planning to fold if he raises and checking river. River is interesting card, now there is four straight and four flush card on the board. I suspect that BB hasnt got either of them but he still might have better hand than I do so I bet again

thepizzlefosho 10-29-2007 06:04 AM

Re: Interesting hand

I really don't know what to make of this hand. I'm not sure that I see any value in betting the turn, but I guess the river bet is fine because his hand looks super weak, and you might fold out some weak 1 or 2 pair hands that have you beat.

I personally probably check behind on the turn. And fold to a river bet, or check behind if he checks again. I guess I have found very few good spots to bluff on the river lately, but this might be one on this river.

so I don't really like the turn bet, but the river bet looks ok.

rzk 10-29-2007 08:25 AM

i think b/f the turn is fine but i definitely check this river.

checking the turn (with the aim of calling most rivers but not Ad) is just as fine as betting imo.

Thomas Luice 10-29-2007 08:54 AM

I would play in such way against an aggressive and very tight opponent.
Otherwise I would check the turn and call the river.

Sheakspeer 10-29-2007 09:21 AM

Anybody 3 bet the flop?

Oink 10-29-2007 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody 3 bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

I think turn bet is close. But I dont hate it.

As played I bet the river as a bluff hoping he folds Tx and possibly 2 pair hands like 87, 97. Dunno if I am hoping for too much.

My thinking is basically that he doesnt have a straight given turn action and he doesnt have a flush since he didnt donk river. This leaves Tx, 9x, 8x and two pair or better of which I think we can get at lest a few better hands to fold.

acehole60 10-29-2007 10:34 AM

As played I like the bluff on the river. I'd rather check the turn behind tho... but I'm not sure if it matters that much.

rzk 10-29-2007 09:13 PM

i don't agree with betting the river as a bluff because we have a showdownable hand - i'd rather bluff with a hopeless hand. though this might be close - the weak showdown value of checking on one hand and the bluff value of the bet on the other.

i also don't agree that he doesn't have a flush. he might have a small diamond.

ILOVEPOKER929 10-29-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody 3 bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

I think turn bet is close. But I dont hate it.

As played I bet the river as a bluff hoping he folds Tx and possibly 2 pair hands like 87, 97. Dunno if I am hoping for too much.

My thinking is basically that he doesnt have a straight given turn action and he doesnt have a flush since he didnt donk river. This leaves Tx, 9x, 8x and two pair or better of which I think we can get at lest a few better hands to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Oink. Im indifferent to the turn bet, but I love the river bet.