Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   A 25PL hand played badly on every street except possibly the river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=135065)

Antinome 06-10-2006 01:20 PM

A 25PL hand played badly on every street except possibly the river

Poker Room skin
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.25
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $19
UTG+1: $77.90
Hero: $86.30
MP1: $31.70
MP2: $15
MP3: $18.40
CO: $27
Button: $26.80
SB: $13
BB: $4.90

UTG+1 is solid, MP1 is very TAG, SB is weak-terrible. everyone else is donating.

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB (poster) checks, BB (poster) checks.

So I open limp OOP with a mediocre hand. In my defense, the only players I really worry about have folded or will fold after I enter the pot.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.75, 6 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds.

I call because this is a weak bet and I think I can take it away on the next street, and I will have position now.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1</font>, Hero calls.

I pick up a monster draw and get really stupid. His bet is so weak I'm sure if I raise he'll fold and I don't think I want that. How bad is this?

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($5.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $11</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $5.75</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.25 returned to Hero.

So I hit my draw and villian picks up a ton of ways to make second best hand. But the board pairs. I think I did the right thing putting him all in.

Results:
Final pot: $27.25

How bad was this?

Spartan1983 06-10-2006 02:18 PM

Re: A 25PL hand played badly on every street except possibly the river

A 25PL hand played badly on every street except possibly the river

Mik1w 06-10-2006 02:28 PM

if you float the flop I think you need to raise the turn if you get a draw or not, also remember that isn't such a monster draw... you only hit it 20% of the time so a turn raise I think is a good spot for a semibluff.

You say you don't think you want a fold. Remember, you currently have ace high with 9 outs, I think you're about 30% to win on this turn (and that's being optimistic) and he's shown weakness.

Jamougha 06-10-2006 02:30 PM

Turn call might be OK.

Yes, everything else sucks.

Antinome 06-10-2006 03:46 PM

I thought the turn call was the worst part, not the best.
obviously I had odds for the call, but-

I believe I have 14 outs, so only 28% to win a showdown, with a weak player I'm pretty sure I can take this away from on the turn. That was why I called the flop, after all, not to spike an A or a draw. I would have done this with any two cards against this opponent.

worse, this is PL, so even if I do hit I can't get all his money in unless I put a bet in here, barring a big bet from him, which I have no reason to believe is forthcoming.

black_drake 06-10-2006 03:48 PM

If you want to steal on turn, after calling flop, then please do it? Why calling on turn still. Make a play yo.

Antinome 06-10-2006 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to steal on turn, after calling flop, then please do it? Why calling on turn still. Make a play yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. My hand got better (but not good enough) and I forgot what I was doing.

Mik1w 06-10-2006 05:53 PM

I think you are making a subtle point (not sure if it's intentional) that your analysis of a hand afterwards contains much better poker than when you play at the time.. I used to do this a lot, look back on hands and say "hmm, that's terrible". I don't know if I've fixed that yet

I think the key is to consciously make a note of the thought process you go through when analysing a hand (write it down maybe) and tey to go through that when playing.

I think if you can learn this transferring skill then feedback on 2+2 and the feedback you give yourself when you look back at hands become much stronger to help your play.!