Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   hero calls are fun shut up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=438823)

jfish 06-29-2007 10:55 AM

hero calls are fun shut up

villain is 2MYNUTS 36/9 26wtsd 3.2/9/- AF by street (river is unknown over 300 hands). does the river pot bet make you more or less inclined to call this given action?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$3/$6 Blinds
6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $594.00
<u>Hero (BB): $774.00</u>
UTG: $881.70
<u>MP: $812.15</u>
CO: $157.75
BTN: $842.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $21.00</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $15.00

Flop: ($45) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $33.00</font>, MP calls $33.00

Turn: ($111) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $94.00</font>, MP calls $94.00

River: ($299) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $299.00</font>, Hero calls $299.00

Triumph36 06-29-2007 11:01 AM

Re: hero calls are fun shut up

i think if you pokerstoved a reasonable range, you'd realize this cannot be a good call.

jfish 06-29-2007 11:03 AM

out of his possible good hands here (tptk, maybe weak 2pr, rivered aces up - note his turn AF, he cant really have a stronger hand than A4) how many pot river for value? am i reading too much into it?

poker1O1 06-29-2007 11:04 AM

your flop donk looks awefully transparent, yet a good portion of his range can't call. I'm interested to hear more. As for the river, standard fold w/o reads.

Triumph36 06-29-2007 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
out of his possible good hands here (tptk, maybe weak 2pr, rivered aces up - note his turn AF, he cant really have a stronger hand than A4) how many pot river for value? am i reading too much into it?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe or maybe not, but you have to put a ton of draws into his range to make this a good play. 34 missed, 35 got there. i'm not sure this is the kind of hand that 2p2 can really discuss - either you had a read or you didn't.

Slap My Jack 06-29-2007 11:04 AM

Thing about calling pot on river is that betting pot does get weak hands to fold often so people work with a small sample for trying to judge if it's more or less likely to be a bluff.

I think it also depends on an individual player's quirks, which is probably stating the obvious to you since you've played a lot of HU, and you can only find that out by calling.

I'm having trouble making sense of the WTSD with no known river, but I only slept 3 hours.

jfish 06-29-2007 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe or maybe not, but you have to put a ton of draws into his range to make this a good play. 34 missed, 35 got there. i'm not sure this is the kind of hand that 2p2 can really discuss - either you had a read or you didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really many draws aside from spades..

Slap My Jack 06-29-2007 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He could also put you on a range of aces weaker than his. Maybe he has an ace with a good kicker that he can't raise, AJo or something like that, but he can certainly bet it on the river and think you'll look him up after firing two streets. But many ace weakno kickers now are two pair hands as well. And of course any ace is good against you. Maybe you bet a pair+fd and will call a riverbet.

jsnipes28 06-29-2007 11:11 AM

ya, vish, i talk myself into a lot of calls here just because theres not a lot they can be potting for value, but i think it's prob a fold cuz sometimes these idiots will randomly decide to pot A7o or backdoor 2pr w/ spades or sometihng

jalexand42 06-29-2007 11:42 AM

sooooo grossssss