Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   i got mocked by another player at tbl (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532404)

hamnegger 10-27-2007 05:10 AM

i got mocked by another player at tbl

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t4870)
UTG (t1630)
UTG+1 (t2875)
MP1 (t2600)
MP2 (t4101)
MP3 (t2795)
CO (t2565)
Button (t3530)
SB (t2049)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t150</font>, Hero calls t100.

Flop: (t300) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t250</font>, Hero calls t250.

Turn: (t800) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t450</font>, Hero calls t450.

River: (t1700) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t1199 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t1199.

Final Pot: t4098

a)i was looking to get max value. since his raising range is wide i called in position rather than raise and get him to fold.

b} i hate the ace but im ahead most of the time no? this is where i may have erred. raise here small to see where i stand?

c)im either way ahead or way behind so on the turn i just coninue to let him bet off his chips (hopefully)

d)river is no brainer. question is do i call a shove if he fires 3rd bullet? im not sure i would have.i think i would have given him credit and folded. mistake?

one guy typed in nh after the hand and another guy not in tthe hand starts ripping me saying i should have folded on the flop and raised preflop and keep chasing two outers. not that i give a sh about his comments ( i later bluffed the nit out of two pots by calling in position and just bluff raising him with air. hell he all but announced he was a tighty) but it made me think did i play this hand badly?

plzleenowhammy 10-27-2007 05:35 AM

Re: i got mocked by another player at tbl

i'd rr pf and fold on the turn here..

Wemserstylez 10-27-2007 07:11 AM

I think u played that hand bad on any street.

Reraise Pre.

On this flop as played u have to consider raise or fold but i wont ever call.

Turn : Fold

river : now call and hope u donked his AQ

Pokerfarian 10-27-2007 08:43 AM

Flop is a standard call &amp; everything else is awful, including raising for information &amp; folding the best hand a huge % of the time.
Not sure on turn, it's a tricky spot, any reads at all because I'll go on very limited info...I guess a total unknown isn't double barrelling often enough, that bet of 450 looks fairly strong to me. Change it to a less drawy board &amp; I might call turn &amp; fold river UI.

M1cKmAcK 10-27-2007 11:15 AM

fold pre. j/k j/k. I'd def rr pre to 550-600. With the flop, I'd call the flop. If he leads again on turn, it's probably time to throw it away. Sucks to muck kings, but you can't play from behind.

Dunkman 10-27-2007 12:00 PM

I think you can fold the turn here and feel good about it. When you just flat call PF, you have to be able to release the hand when it looks bad. Depending on history I'd usually reraise pre, but I'd be reraising a pretty wide range here so it wouldn't really give away the strength of my hand. Flat calling here PF isn't really a bad play, but I think in a lot of spots it's FPS. If he's tight and you don't think he's calling most of your reraises then you have an easy fold on the turn as played, and if he's loose and would be firing twice with something besides an A then I think you have an easy rr PF.

betgo 10-27-2007 02:17 PM

The flat call preflop is terrible. No one folds to a reraise BvB. The rest is fine IMO.

Sherman 10-27-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The flat call preflop is terrible. No one folds to a reraise BvB. The rest is fine IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and I hope he made nasty comments about your mother.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

mikeJ 10-27-2007 04:33 PM

Turn might be a fold, everything else is fine, including pf.

Boise123 10-27-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and I hope he made nasty comments about your mother.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [/quote

Turn off the chat!