Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AJo makes second nuts and gets raised (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371905)

gopnik 04-04-2007 09:09 AM

AJo makes second nuts and gets raised

Villain is unknown. How do I extract the max? Is my slowplaying really bad? I hate raising AJo preflop OOP. I figured nobody can possibly have anything and will fold to any bet in this small pot.

I assume his range is air, A, 5, and pps above 5.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($30.65)
BB ($15)
UTG ($13.65)
MP ($27.90)
CO ($14.55)
Button ($10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($0.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.5</font>, Hero ???

Doug Funnie II 04-04-2007 10:35 AM

Re: AJo makes second nuts and gets raised

You raise this preflop because they fold preflop or to your continuation bet most of the time. On turn, please don't minraise. I'd call turn and pot river to extract max value against 5x, pps.

AceLuby 04-04-2007 10:54 AM

Bet the flop, build a pot.
Bet the turn, that's a perfect card for you

As played I like the call turn, lead any river line, though it shows as much strength as raising the turn. It all depends if you think he'll fold to a turn bet IMO.

Stake Monster 04-04-2007 11:25 AM

I don't like the checks, as he said build a big pot with your big hands.

Re-pop his donk raise on the turn.

Lego05 04-04-2007 11:47 AM

You guys decide to play limit holdem here for a while? Pop it up to $2.

Actually raise pre-flop, bet the flop, raise bigger on the turn, bet the river.

Isura 04-04-2007 05:58 PM

Preflop is fine. You don't want to play big pots OOP with AJo, especially against loose opponents. Betting flop is standard, but checking is okay too. Anyone with a 5, or FD will bet it, and you can get someone to bluff at it. Since you checked flop, I think it's good that you checked turn again. It really looks like no one has anything, so let them take a stab with your lock hand. But make a bigger c/r, and then reraise again after that stupid raise he made.