Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Don't want to date single moms (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499547)

Max1977 09-12-2007 03:15 PM

Don\'t want to date single moms

Does this make me some kind of villain? I don't get it. I met a woman, talked to her for hours (she is 26) and asked her out. She never once mentioned she had a child. 4 dates later, she mentions her 7 year old daughter. I don't hate kids or anything, but I am at the point in my life where I am looking for a serious relationship, maybe leading to marriage.

I have never wanted children, and don't want to raise somebody else's kid either. Anyway, I told her the truth (as nicely as I could, I liked her but wasn't looking for a relationship with children) and didn't want to take it farther. She acted like I was a jerk. I think she should have mentioned the kid sooner.

Friends also tried to fix me up with a mother of 2 kids (different dads) and I said no thanks. They then told me at my age (almost 30) I am most likely not going to meet a woman without kids at this point. They also acted like I was some kind of prick when I said I am not willing to date a single mom. I would like others opinions on this.

RayPowers 09-12-2007 03:17 PM

Re: Don\'t want to date single moms

Single moms need penis too.

That being said, no, not a jerk, especially if you were open and honest about things. She's just bitter because of her life situation, and while it does suck to be in her shoes, that is not your fault.

Ray

Shadowrun 09-12-2007 03:17 PM

Why would you be bad for not wanting to date a single mom?

27offsuit 09-12-2007 03:18 PM

She seriously should have told you sooner.

daryn 09-12-2007 03:19 PM

you want what you want, not a jerk

RacersEdge 09-12-2007 03:19 PM

Most single women in their mid-late 20s don't have kids. Not sure where your friends are getting their info.

RoundGuy 09-12-2007 03:20 PM

Obviously, this thread would be much better with pics of afformentioned MILF. Also, I think I would have banged her for awhile before being so brutally honest.

sawseech 09-12-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She seriously should have told you sooner.

[/ QUOTE ]

JackInDaCrak 09-12-2007 03:21 PM

Kids are a first-date type disclosure, not a fourth-date disclosure.

Herpes is a fourth-date/pre-sex disclosure

Georgia Avenue 09-12-2007 03:22 PM

Well, you are a jerk. I'd so the same thing but I'd make something up instead of telling her the truth.

Lies are nice sometimes. Unless I'm the jerk?