Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Squeezed with AK, got called TWICE and flop comes broadway ZOMG (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552393)

Chaser8 11-22-2007 06:19 PM

Squeezed with AK, got called TWICE and flop comes broadway ZOMG

CO's stats are 18/14/2.71 and BTN's stats are 39/19/1

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $391
Hero (SB): $465.10
BB: $493.50
UTG: $412.20
CO: $863.10

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $14</font>, BTN calls $14, <font color="red">Hero raises to $64</font>, BB folds, CO calls $50, BTN calls $50

Flop: ($196) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
I'm first to act, then CO, then BTN. WTF do I do here? I'm not particularly happy about bet/calling, nor do I want to give a free card. Aside from the stats, I don't have any reads on the vilains.

Christophers 11-22-2007 06:30 PM

Re: Squeezed with AK, got called TWICE and flop comes broadway ZOMG

c/f

Laetus 11-22-2007 06:30 PM

I like a check and take it from there. Probably check/fold to a decent bet on flop.

docnuclear 11-22-2007 07:31 PM

it might be a leak but I bet fold small like 110, board is so scary no worse hand is raising

JSmith2007 11-22-2007 07:33 PM

My line would be to try a suck bet, $80ish and see how the players react. I think you could get a fold from one of them with a lower pocket pair. If I get raised by any one, insta-folding though as I don't see how anyone could raise given the current action pf.

FionnMac 11-22-2007 07:35 PM

obviously check

Chaser8 11-22-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it might be a leak but I bet fold small like 110, board is so scary no worse hand is raising

[/ QUOTE ]

But are hands like AQ and TJ calling enough to make up for when I have to fold to a raise?

optionsguy 11-22-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nor do I want to give a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure you want a free card.

JSmith2007 11-22-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But are hands like AQ and TJ calling enough to make up for when I have to fold to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it like this - you suck bet the flop, you get a caller, you're looking at flush draws or AQ-AJ-JT. Any hand that raises you hit broadway (AT), two pair, or AQhh which you'd be behind.

People are wanting a free card, but I'm not sure you do. A free card really doesn't improve your hand, because if you hit an ace you're worrying about a ten. You hit a king, that would be the best card possible, when you're most likely ahead if you get callers on the flop regardless.

Chaser8 11-22-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it like this - you suck bet the flop, you get a caller, you're looking at flush draws or AQ-AJ-JT. Any hand that raises you hit broadway (AT), two pair, or AQhh which you'd be behind.

People are wanting a free card, but I'm not sure you do. A free card really doesn't improve your hand, because if you hit an ace you're worrying about a ten. You hit a king, that would be the best card possible, when you're most likely ahead if you get callers on the flop regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suppose I suck bet $120 on the flop, and CO calls me. Turn brings a As, giving me two-pair. I have to stack off, right?