Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   My flush got CR'd on the river by KMoneyK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526275)

Irish Mafia 10-19-2007 01:28 AM

My flush got CR\'d on the river by KMoneyK

Villain is KMoneyK - he runs at 23/20/3.5. He's aggro, tricky and a big winner. We have some history: getting it in light pf occassionally, and pulling moves on each other. Whats the optimal line on the river... and give how I put out a tiny bet, do you have to call? Do you prefer a bigger river bet?

Full Tilt Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $1,504.50
UTG: $1,000
CO: $1,558.50
Hero (BTN): $1,261
SB: $1,035

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30</font>, SB calls $20

Flop: ($60) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $40</font>, SB calls $40

Turn: ($140) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $115</font>, SB calls $115

River: ($370) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $100</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $500</font>, Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Black winter day 10-19-2007 01:41 AM

Re: My flush got CR\'d on the river by KMoneyK

I'd bet at least 250 here.
Having trouble putting him on a hand though.
He check-calls 2 streets on a very dangerous board, then c/r when a very dangerous card hits the river and you still bet in position.

I can't imagine, that he has a FH, he can't have the nut or K high Fd, with JhQh, he'd reraise on the flop and certainly on the turn or he'd lead out...he'd raise JhTh at some point too, unless you have been extremely nitty.

Weird hand.You only beat a bluff, but his line doesn't make sense at all here.I think it's very possible that he decided to turn KJ/KQ type of hand into a bluff realising that you might have AQ or something with this river bet.That hand makes perfect for him to have.

Edit:Either that or the type of hand i specified in my next post.

I might call here, but certainly folding can't be a huge mistake.The river bet is where the mistake is at IMO.

Black winter day 10-19-2007 01:43 AM

Also, the problem with betting so little is that he will probably just call with small flushes that have you beat.But that bet will lead him to conclusion that you are valuebetting trips and he will c/r his flush thinking (and rightly so) that it's good.

DanJ. 10-19-2007 01:51 AM

Why did you bet so small on River?

I think villains range on river is AT/A6/QhXh/JhXh and then bluffs.
Also i think that hes not always going to play AT/A6/QhXh/JhXh like this, i mean hes probably going to pop u on the flop a very large amount of the time with QhXh and JhXh and hes also probably going to 3b/call/fold AT and A6 pf evenly.

Also, i dont think he has QJhh or QJ in general, same with all the heart combo draws on the flop like 98hh, J9hh, etc...and i dont think he plays a flopped set like this on this board.

so given all this + ur weak river bet i think this is a call...expecting to see something like AT/A6/ maybe 77-99/Tx

kotkis 10-19-2007 01:54 AM

Snap-call and feel really good about it.

MatthewRyan 10-19-2007 01:55 AM

Im sure u called, and i just think thats best.

higHstaKesOwneR 10-19-2007 02:01 AM

i call

jfish 10-19-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

captainwacky 10-19-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, otherwise there is very little point in betting 100 dollars on the river unless your image is that squeaky-clean.

KeanuReaver 10-19-2007 02:17 AM

if i was playing the hand vs you i would immediately put you on Ax after your river bet, so your hand is a little underrepped. if you think he'll try to push you off of trips then it's a pretty easy call, if you're not sure i probably call anyway cause i cannot rationalize betting 1/4th the pot then folding to a raise.