Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   turn options on a weird board. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=42767)

fsuplayer 02-21-2006 04:57 PM

turn options on a weird board.

i was fairly lost on this turn.

full 2k party game. villian is benkot. i didnt have PT or PV up and running, so i couldnt remember his stats, but i seem to remember him being too loose.

i have raised his limps a few times already, mostly taking it down on the flop when it was just HU. i havent got out of line with any hands that have seen showdowns at the table.

he has 2.2k and i cover.

he raises to 60 utg, i call JJ in mp. the button calls as does the BB.

flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

bb chks, benkot bets $92.45, i make it $375. button and bb fold and he thinks a while and calls.

i think he has an overpair some of the time, and spades the rest of the time. im pretty sure he 3 bets anything better than 2pair OOP.

turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

pot is about $1k, and eff stack has about 1750 left.

what's my play here?

thanks

fsuplayer

fsuplayer 02-21-2006 05:01 PM

Re: turn options on a weird board.

he checked the turn, sry.

silles 02-21-2006 05:02 PM

Flawless told me at Commerce "When in doubt, put all the money in the middle." How bad of a play is that in this case?

lapoker17 02-21-2006 05:03 PM

easy, easy pot.

VanVeen 02-21-2006 07:06 PM

Call flop. I'm more inclined to raise this flop facing a MP or LP raiser's range or on a shorthanded table. Check turn (i would usu check without read) or bet ~400-500$. I think a half-pottish bet looks really hot here if we decide to leverage some folding equity on the QQ-AA hands in villain's range, but I don't know how well that works vs. an unknown described as 'loose'. Potting turn is really, really bad and I hope we all can see why.

lapoker17 02-21-2006 07:12 PM

whoa. vanveen, you are wrong.

you still sound smart though!

LuvDemNutz 02-21-2006 07:19 PM

Since you raised the flop, I think potting the turn is best. If he comes back over the top for $750 more, I am cursing (and calling).

I just call the flop there a lot of the time.

flawless_victory 02-21-2006 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whoa. vanveen, you are wrong.

you still sound smart though!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL
vanveen, you are wrong for once... it is true.

kerpowski 02-21-2006 07:41 PM

LA,

Can you please elaborate on why you think this is an easy turn pot? Given the raiser's hand range I can only assume you are doing this for fold equity vs better hands and to force the flush draws out. Also, is this your plan only because you think the odds of a check/raise is so low given that he would have put more action in with a set/made straight on the flop?

FSU, correct me if I'm wrong but benkot is very loose preflop but not aggro at all, right?

HotPants 02-21-2006 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy, easy pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the advantages of potting it over pushing?