Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Everybody else is doing it (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526786)

vmacosta 10-19-2007 07:09 PM

Everybody else is doing it

Looking for more spots to not fold and not raise in blind battles cuz it seems like a lot of the best players do.

Villain is slightly fishy 40/20 and last blind battle I stole back initiative on 995r flop and he c/f'ed a blank turn.

PokerStars $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.00 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>...

sethypooh21 10-19-2007 07:11 PM

Re: Everybody else is doing it

Fold PF
As played fold flop
As played raise turn
W/E on river.

mute 10-19-2007 07:12 PM

I must not have gotten the memo. Were you raising a blank turn?

Oink 10-19-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Stop folding

I dont mind the flop peel but I would rather raise it.

As played I would pop the turn. My experience is that a lot will 2nd barrel quite a bit so his b/f range is fairly wide.

River is good if you think he folds K high.

Saikkonen 10-19-2007 08:39 PM

I'd fold preflop too but a call is not bad. I think it is just about zero in expectation what ever you do. If you feel superior play - if not then don't and this one you should have folded because you don't know how to handle him yet.

Fold the flop too we are probably behind and a call is just to fishy.

Turn: You can make a cheap semibluff/showdown instead of just calling - the problem is just if he 3bets??? Anyway calling this a bluffing the river is worse.

The point is that if he is really this aggressive and pushed with air so much then we could make a ton of money just calling him down with marginal hands and he would loose a lot in the long run. But we have a poor hand and if we should take the pot we should have made a move earlier. We took the shot on the turn for the flush and it didn't came in so let it be.

MitchL 10-19-2007 09:02 PM

I think pf is close, but I call. Flop is close with all the bd draws, but trying to figure out whats clean is tough and I tend to go on results oriented tilt when I hit my J or whatever and he has AJ, so I would fold. The turn I raise alot in blind battles so this isnt a stretch for me. I actually like the river bet, bc if he has K high or a ragged Ace he will have a tough time calling.

Oink 10-19-2007 09:05 PM

I call or raise 100% PF

EDIT: I mean 100% of all hands. Never fold. Stop folding!

MitchL 10-19-2007 09:12 PM

Lol, for some reason I thought u popped the turn, but looks like you just called like a fish.

vmacosta 10-19-2007 09:54 PM

All,

folding pf is def wrong. A 40/20 guy will be raising probably 60% of his hands here. Just stove it, its not close.

folding the flop is debateable. Raising the turn feels spewy imo. I have no idea about the river. Eager to here more responses cuz I am unsure about all the post-flop streets.

Mozart 10-19-2007 09:54 PM

I call here also 100% of the time, i fold against a sb raise if sb is TAG/LAG pretty rare. I fold hands like 92o etc.

Postflop i dunno, i probably fold on the flop. As played i would raise the turn.