Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How to get rid of short stackers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556158)

DMACM 11-28-2007 02:54 AM

How to get rid of short stackers

Convince a poker site to offer sit and goes with a reasonable rake. Then the short stackers could play the game they want to play (20bbs) without paying 90 an hour in rake per table.

kkcountry 11-28-2007 03:05 AM

Re: How to get rid of short stackers

lol shortstackers don't want to play with other 20bb stacks, do you even know how shortstacking "works"?

HEK 11-28-2007 03:07 AM

when i see a hit n runner sitting with a regular hu I'll tell the reg in chat that the person he's playing is a HnRunner. [censored] shortstack hit n runners

DMACM 11-28-2007 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol shortstackers don't want to play with other 20bb stacks, do you even know how shortstacking "works"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know how it "works" and if it didnt work it wouldnt bother people.

I realize they have an advantage against multiple deep stack opponents. They still need to know how to play a small stack. Where do you think they learned that?

I would bet a lot of them rose through SNGs. The high stakes SNGs are raked at an absurdly high level. They dry up. Thus someone who was "good" at short stacked poker (after all they are making money) Has no where to go but over to the very low raked cash games. Its economics.

You are bothered by short stackers. The sites dont want to lose them as customers. I purpose a solution. "lol" sorry

Ansky 11-28-2007 03:43 AM

you're wrong, just stop it, you are only hurting our cause.

Dan Terra 11-28-2007 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you're wrong, just stop

[/ QUOTE ]

Daliman 11-28-2007 05:53 AM

Shortstacking's mathematical edge does not avail itself in HU play. It's merely annoying to get hit and run vs, but I have made tons playing people who buy in for 20BB's HU, (most are which are not "shortstackers" per se, however).

Also, they don't pay NEAR $90 rake per table hour. Shortstackers probably pay less effective rake that most any other type of player, and even still, the average 10-20 NL 6M player pays ~$20-25 rake per hour.

OnYourBike 11-28-2007 08:52 AM

Shortstacking hit and runner and proud of it

piriformis 11-28-2007 11:03 AM

i hate shortstackers with a passion. i think increasing the amount of time befor they can sit down with minimum again to 4 or more hours would work well as this means that they could not sit twice at the same table in the same session.

i dont mind shortstackers who keep playing, just the ones that double up, leave, then are back as soon as they can buy in for min.

TheWorstPlayer 11-28-2007 11:08 AM

i have a novel idea: increase the min buyin at the tables. and increase the wait time before being able to buy in again with less than you left. and shoot them in the head. and stop making threads on 2p2.