Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Easy 3 bet vs likely aggro spewtard (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546860)

BubbleMint 11-15-2007 01:58 PM

Easy 3 bet vs likely aggro spewtard

Only a few hands on the villain from the blinds. He 3 bet Q6o from his SB into a button raiser, and raised all streets with no pair no draw.
Maybe he is tilting or maybe he hates money ?

Only thing that stopped me 3 betting was the thought of paying 4 more BB to see the river as opposed to 2.

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Lethe 11-15-2007 02:04 PM

Re: Easy 3 bet vs likely aggro spewtard

You played it fine. I don't 3bet because I can't fold to a 4bet from this player even though he probably has us beat most of the time when he 4bets. Given your description, a 4 is certainly in his range - of course he might also just be raising the turn because it's a bit of a scare card w/ his flush/straight draw, or A3/A2, or air.

Calling down seems fine to me.

One Outer 11-15-2007 02:37 PM

This is fine. I wouldn't threebarrel the turn either. NH

jesse8888 11-15-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is fine. I wouldn't threebarrel the turn either. NH

[/ QUOTE ]

Aces McGee 11-15-2007 03:20 PM

Three bets on the turn for me here, and against this guy, I'm not terribly concerned when I get four-bet. Concerned enough that I don't put in more than one bet on the river, but I still expect to win a good chunk of the time.

-McGee

BubbleMint 11-15-2007 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Three bets on the turn for me here, and against this guy, I'm not terribly concerned when I get four-bet. Concerned enough that I don't put in more than one bet on the river, but I still expect to win a good chunk of the time.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I should have 3 bet the turn given my read aswell, I am annoyed I didnt.

Kinda suprised at how many are advocating only calling the turn, given the read on the opponent.

One Outer 11-15-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I should have 3 bet the turn given my read aswell, I am annoyed I didnt.

Kinda suprised at how many are advocating only calling the turn, given the read on the opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you showing down if he fourballs you? That's my issue. I want to showdown. And lately I've been playing rather conservatively in an effort to reduce my variance.

Aces McGee 11-15-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, your read isn't terribly meaningful since it's all of one hand. It didn't really enter into my turn advice. I'm three-betting here against most online $3/$6 opponents.

-McGee

DeuceKicker 11-15-2007 08:40 PM

Without the read I call down. With the read I think it's an easy 3-bet. If he fours I don't even think about folding. The read/history is huge, imo.

James. 11-15-2007 09:18 PM

i would 3bet the turn EXPECTING him to 4bet. idiots like him are the same ones that turn around and slowplay when they actually have strong hands. in other words, if he didn't 4bet i might be worried. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]