Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Warren Buffet's Stance on Taxes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545302)

CrushinFelt 11-13-2007 04:09 PM

Warren Buffet\'s Stance on Taxes

I'm sure it's been talked about here, but I don't think there was an official thread. To see what I'm references read this articles and the articles linked inside it:

Buffet Says the Rich aren't being taxed enough

My basic take on it is that Buffet is being a [censored] idiot. I will elaborate later, but I'd like to hear others' views.

Orlando Salazar 11-13-2007 04:21 PM

Re: Warren Buffet\'s Stance on Taxes

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure it's been talked about here, but I don't think there was an official thread. To see what I'm references read this articles and the articles linked inside it:

Buffet Says the Rich aren't being taxed enough

My basic take on it is that Buffet is being a [censored] idiot. I will elaborate later, but I'd like to hear others' views.

[/ QUOTE ]
Buffet is rich and doesn't care about his own tax (either way he is still a billionaire). But he pays an ETR of 17% because of dividend and other tax laws.
A moral person speaks up here. And no, he shouldn't just send an extra check cause the problem will only be 500million smaller.

CrushinFelt 11-13-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A moral person speaks up here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me want to vomit.

No, it's worse than that. It actually pains me to read that.

Edit: I'm looking forward to hearing his testimony next week, and I hope his answer in no way resembles yours.

West 11-13-2007 04:36 PM

He's right?

Are you a billionaire or something? Concerned about estate taxes? Don't worry, Bush has got your back.

maxtower 11-13-2007 04:38 PM

I think most people would prefer if the rich at least paid the same taxes as the poor and middle class. There are a lot others who would be in favor of higher taxes on the rich than the poor.

I think corporations should pay higher taxes. I also think Warren should pay more taxes than I do. If I save an extra 1% of my salary, it will affect my life much more than if Warren saves.

CrushinFelt 11-13-2007 04:44 PM

I think you need to define "more". This thread is getting the responses I was expecting, and it's sad.

ahnuld 11-13-2007 04:47 PM

the rich should not have a lower percentage of their work taxed than the middle or poor.

maxtower 11-13-2007 04:52 PM

CF, I think it would help if you stated your position, rather than just saying that mine is sad. Why is it sad that I want to pay less taxes? Do you want to pay more?

CrushinFelt 11-13-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the rich should not have a lower percentage of their work taxed than the middle or poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why pls?

CrushinFelt 11-13-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you want to pay more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no.

[ QUOTE ]
is it sad that I want to pay less taxes?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no mention of lowering any taxes.