Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Weird Hand on All Streets (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545743)

oyvindgee 11-14-2007 10:01 AM

Re: Weird Hand on All Streets

[ QUOTE ]

Why min raise on the flop? Either define your hand as strong or get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's looking to get it in against preflop reraiser. Why would he want to define his hand as strong??

cts 11-14-2007 11:30 AM

I call pre, I flat the flop and try to check it down maybe vbetting the riv if board comes clean. As played the minraise for a free showdown worked pretty well I'd just check behind.

Praetor 11-14-2007 11:47 AM

i dont like the min raise of flop with plan to get it in at all, i just flat the eflop and take it from there

Orlando Salazar 11-14-2007 11:52 AM

If he is reraising 7% of the time, his RR range is wider than AA/KK/QQ. So why not RR PF to like 75% of pot? U can fold to any villain's shove...

If ur just gonna call PF, why would u raise a dry flop when if you u behind AA-QQ, u are practically getting set/bd straight odds with SB's bet?

Turn if fine OoP given action.

Why not semi bluff the river with a C/R if he tries to VB?
C/R>CF>CC

AcidKnight 11-14-2007 12:00 PM

Flat the flop and see what happens. This raise just seems bad for so many reasons. C/F the river seems right as this is almost always a full house.

BombayBadboy 11-14-2007 12:19 PM

C/f the river I guess. This looks like QQ or another JJ more then anything.

AcidKnight 11-14-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call pre, I flat the flop and try to check it down maybe vbetting the riv if board comes clean. As played the minraise for a free showdown worked pretty well I'd just check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
We got called by a different player in the pot who coldcalled our flop minraise of the lead bettor and we're OOP to this player.

KRANTZ 11-14-2007 01:04 PM

whoever told you to 4-bet this preflop and get it in is just crazy.

i like the minraise on the flop but honestly i'd prob fold to anyone who comes over the top. including the pfr. he has to have AA/KK a ton with this action.

i think there's a decent chance you're getting slowplayed when the board pairs and if not, BTN has to be pretty bad to pay you off with a worse hand to a bet (or you have to have a better image in multiway pots than you do... i.e. real spewy). so i check the river

EC10 11-14-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with the first sentence but i guess cts missed that the guy you were trying to get free showdown against folded and the guy who you are OOP against cold called. so i'd C/F river.

also i think folding the flop is fine as well.

EmpireMaker2 11-14-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd check or bet like 400

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. What do you think he calls 400 with? What do you think of flop play/preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really care what he calls 400 with I'm looking for a cheap showdown that I sometimes win, but don't have to call a big bet most of the time, and like we win sometimes. Your flop play looks really really weak and I think I would just fold on the flop most of the time. As for the turn you can do nothing but check fold.