Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   7-10$ stolen at the bike: did the floor handle this right? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=181381)

Bulbarainey 08-08-2006 01:37 AM

7-10$ stolen at the bike: did the floor handle this right?

The other day I was playing 3/6 at the bike, and I had $150 stacked evenly plus a couple bucks i was playing with in my hand. Seat 4 decides to change tables, and I decide to take her seat. Her chips are still there, but I was beginning to slide mine over. She brought half her chips to the other table then came back and got the rest, but when she came to get the rest, she grabbed some of my chips which had spilled, which I noticed when one of my 5 30$ stacks was missing 5 chips. I looked across and the lady at the new table seemed to have a few more chips than she did when at our table. I conferred with other players and they confirmed that I had 5 even stacks. I told the lady I am short and she took my chips and she just went kinda nuts... the dealer called the floor. The dealer said it was my fault for moving my chips too fast and that he could not do anything, then just danced around the table for a minute or two, and I said ah forget it I dont care several times(It was too much drama for a few bucks). Then about 2-3 minutes later the floor comes back and says 'well do you want me to check the cameras?' However, he asked it as if he already knew I was going to say no, and that it would be such a pain for him if he actually had to do it. So did the floor handle this correctly?

TomBrooks 08-08-2006 01:53 AM

Re: 7-10$ stolen at the bike: did the floor handle this right?

I would have said "Well you know she took some of my chips, but forget it, it's not worth it--they're only ones." He probably would have appreciated that. Maybe he'll comp you a sandwich or something.

psandman 08-08-2006 03:56 AM

So how did you want the floor to handle your missinng $5?he way i see it you cause dthe problem cause you couldn't wait 1 minute to move your chips, you couldn't move them without spilling them into her chips, and you couldn't keep an eye on them and say something when it happened.

youtalkfunny 08-08-2006 04:08 AM

Yeah, what he said!

Bulbarainey 08-08-2006 04:28 AM

must be my bad then, i rushed because i was trying to move before the new player came since the bb was coming up, trying to get that free hand cost me it

psandman 08-08-2006 04:31 AM

So how should the floor handle this?

wstaffor 08-08-2006 04:52 AM

Pretty obviously the OP's fault. If you want a seat change you should a) wait until the seat is vacant and b) learn to move chips without spilling them everywhere.

TMTTR 08-08-2006 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The dealer said it was my fault for moving my chips too fast and that he could not do anything,

[/ QUOTE ]

Contrary to popular belief, dealers can actually be right sometimes...

RR 08-08-2006 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
must be my bad then, i rushed because i was trying to move before the new player came since the bb was coming up, trying to get that free hand cost me it

[/ QUOTE ]

Have they changed the rules in the last couple of years? In the past there was no way to get free hands by moving seats. That is if you moved away from the blind you had to wait or post (contrasted to most other othere parts of the country where you can get 1 or 2 free hands by moving).

MiamiDave 08-08-2006 01:58 PM

I'm surprised nobody's stated the obvious solution here: when changing seats you move 1 chip to the new seat to establish your position and move the rest of them when ready. In this case you would have moved 1 chip to hold the seat, and the rest would be moved after she vacated all of her chips. That's the standard way of doing things in any B&M poker room I've ever been in.

I side with everyone else - you're to blame. No big deal though, just live and learn.