Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I'm a hero (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541546)

Laetus 11-08-2007 06:20 PM

I\'m a hero

Villain is playing 40/25/5 after 30 hands. He thought for a couple of seconds before he went all-in on river. Do you like my call?

EverestPoker Game #2337559863: Table Nassau-3 - $3.00/$6.00 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:18:14 - 2007/11/08
Seat 1: luckyouest ($205.50)
Seat 2: mister.TILT ($57.90)
Seat 4: HERO ($582.00)
Seat 6: benny1896 ($1,829.19)
mister.TILT posts the small blind of $3.00
HERO posts the big blind of $6.00
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO[T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
benny1896 folds
luckyouest raises to $12.00
mister.TILT calls $9.00
HERO raises to $56.00
luckyouest calls $44.00
mister.TILT folds
*** FLOP *** [3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
HERO checks
luckyouest checks
*** TURN *** [3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
HERO checks
luckyouest checks
*** RIVER *** [3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
HERO checks
luckyouest bets $149.50 and is all-in
HERO calls $149.50

staring_elf 11-08-2007 06:31 PM

Re: I\'m a hero

not really,

you only beat total air and i cant see him calling preflop with that, esp given stack sizes

Ax high prob will check it down, any pair will too hoping that you have A high and anything else (AA, any K, flush, etc) knows you have A high or something very marginal and is maybe looking for you to make a hero call.

i just dont see what he's calling with preflop that isn't happy to check down with

Laetus 11-08-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not really,

you only beat total air and i cant see him calling preflop with that.

Ax high prob will check it down, any pair will too hoping that you have A high and anything else (AA, any K, flush, etc) knows you have A high or something very marginal and is maybe looking for you to make a hero call.

i just dont see what he's calling with preflop that isn't happy to check down with

[/ QUOTE ]
Thing is that he's playing 40/25 and is most likely a retard, they don't think.

staring_elf 11-08-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not really,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true, he's obviously retarded as he only has 30bb or so.

i still dont like the call though.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-08-2007 06:35 PM

you're a zero

aditya 11-08-2007 06:37 PM

yup, i call here too. He's missed his AQ or w/e so much here and decides to bluff you off. Only hand I'd be worried about is like QJ or something that decides to bluff, but I'm not too worried.

Laetus 11-08-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're a zero

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha maybe...

I just had a feeling that he was empty, was something with the timing on his checks and bets - kinda hard to explain.

staring_elf 11-08-2007 06:40 PM

why would AQ or QJ turn their hand into a bluff with half decent showdown value?

i know hero looks like he whiffed that flop or has something exactly like he is representing (QQ,TT etc) but most donks with 1/3 stacks aren't good enough to value shove QJ in this spot.

d2themfi 11-08-2007 06:47 PM

haha idk i kinda like this

OneTimeAce 11-08-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not really,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 40/25 may get a hand once in a while. Doesnt mean he wont get a hand.