Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Heisman Rankings (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537957)

orange 11-12-2007 04:51 PM

Re: Heisman Rankings

[ QUOTE ]
Tebow's candidacy is heavily invested on his huge number of short TD runs, which Dixon could have if his coach wanted. I don't like giving out an award because Urban Meyer is treating this like NCAA 08 where you make sure all your touchdowns are scored by your Heisman candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not like that at all. TT has shown a tendency to NOT fumble, which is something that the rest of our RBs have had problems with.

ASPoker8 11-12-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like giving out an award because Urban Meyer is treating this like NCAA 08 where you make sure all your touchdowns are scored by your Heisman candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

well put...

!?!?!?!?!!?!

luckybacon 11-12-2007 05:05 PM

Huge Arkansas fan, so make sure to get that out of the way.

I think the Heisman in general is just a dumb award now b/c it rarely goes to the best player in college football. I think the most deserving player based on performance has to be Tebow even with all the supporting talent he has. He has just been dominant.

That being said, the arguments about Mcfadden having felix jones defiantely holds some water. Felix is the 2nd best back in the country according to most Nfl scouts (Steward from Oregon is mention in the same category alot). The thing is Arkansas has the worst QB in the SEC and just got their only good reciever back. Our Fullback is constantly our leading reciever.

Whatever though, if Tebow was a Senior I think he would get the heisman this year 10000 percent

TruFloridaGator 11-12-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tebow's candidacy is heavily invested on his huge number of short TD runs, which Dixon could have if his coach wanted. I don't like giving out an award because Urban Meyer is treating this like NCAA 08 where you make sure all your touchdowns are scored by your Heisman candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not like that at all. TT has shown a tendency to NOT fumble, which is something that the rest of our RBs have had problems with.

[/ QUOTE ]

FW, I could see what you mean with your above statement, but like Orange said, we have no other choice. I don't know if you caught any of the game this weekend but even Brandon James put it on the ground in a critical situation & obviously we didn't have Percy Harvin. Who else should we run in goal line spots? Like I said earlier, in the past 3-4 games we have had more dropped TD passes then I have seen in the past 2 years combined. His passing numbers could be even bigger.

If you remember, UM clearly endorsed Alex Smith & has said he is not doing that for Tim Tebow. Obviously, two completely different situations but it's apparent UM isn't out to pad stats. For the final TD in the USCe game, it was pretty obvious they had Tebow throw just so he wouldn't have to get gang tackled in a obvious run situaiton.

BigSoonerFan 11-12-2007 06:38 PM

No love for the QB with the highest rating in the game, Sam Bradford???

ASPoker8 11-17-2007 12:14 AM

now what?

Needle77 11-17-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's time for the voters to step up and give it to a "non-skilled" position player.

KUJustin 11-17-2007 03:22 AM

I'm not saying he should win it, but could Reesing at least get an invite?

I swear that guy has probably been worth 3 extra wins this year.

MyTurn2Raise 11-17-2007 04:55 AM

McFadden and Tebow got a huge boost with Dixon going down

Daniels and Reesing can make a move IMO

iggymcfly 11-17-2007 05:26 AM

Even though I haven't heard one media type say this, it seems to me like the Heisman race has to be between Tim Tebow and Chase Daniel now. If Daniel beats KU and OU and leads Missouri to the MNC, he wins. Otherwise, I can't see Tebow losing.