Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Laughs or Links! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   My favourite Tower Defence "Onslaught" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377837)

Prodigy54321 04-15-2007 12:11 AM

Re: My favourite Tower Defence \"Onslaught\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
errr.I had an awesome system going..not even the chance of a leak since I had probably 100+ laser missles flying around...

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you get so many? I can usually only get 3 pairs of Red-Green combos maxed out to get laser missles.

Also, even when I do max out the damage on a red-green combo, I dont have missles flying everywhere like you. What a I doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

they are BGRR combos in that screenshot for big laser cluster bombs...

each cluster fires a combo as soon as the first creep spawns..you have to make sure that the blue turrets can see the spawn point.

then all of the laser missiles just keep bulding up since the creeps aren't very tough at that point..and eventually you have a bunch of missles flying around lagging you up. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

StepBangin 04-15-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone know what that flying circular rainbow colored thing is? it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was wondering that too.

If I have a blue a green and an red combo, will I get BFG's and Laser Rockets?

A Red-Green combo = Laser Rockets
A Red-Blue-Green combo = BFG's

So will I get BFG's and Laser rockets if I have a red-blue-green combo?

Also, does it matter the order the combos are in?

Prodigy54321 04-15-2007 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
couldnt you have doubled your base damage with a single rate of fire turret?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't doubling your rate of fire for 4500 better than building yet another +dmg tower?

[/ QUOTE ]

the damage that the turrets themselves do eventually is meaningless..you shoudl basically just focus on maxing the damage bars so that powerful combos can fire.

StepBangin 04-15-2007 12:16 AM

WTF?? WHY AM I SO BAD??? I CAN GET PAST 65 MILLION!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

Sephus 04-15-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
couldnt you have doubled your base damage with a single rate of fire turret?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't doubling your rate of fire for 4500 better than building yet another +dmg tower?

[/ QUOTE ]

the damage that the turrets themselves do eventually is meaningless..you shoudl basically just focus on maxing the damage bars so that powerful combos can fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what i did originally, couldn't get it right.

StepBangin 04-15-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
206 million, holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I get the play-by-play on this game?

StepBangin 04-15-2007 12:28 AM

Red+Green+Blue = Poison Gas Rockets
Green+Red+Blue = Rocket BFG
Blue+Green+Red = Laser Cluster Bomb

So If I have 1 one each color clustered together, do I get all 3 of these special things?

StepBangin 04-15-2007 12:50 AM

I think I sucked because I hit "Send Now" too many times, so my special things didnt charge up, or whatever they do.

Sephus 04-15-2007 12:57 AM

[censored] this game, i get 135 million every time

Prodigy54321 04-15-2007 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
206 million, holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I get the play-by-play on this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3626/206bpbmu3.png

-at group 1..
-build 1234and5
upgraded turret 2 range and damage to max and turret 3 damage to max (doesn't matter what order..I staggered my upgrades so that I could send waves faster as I went along)
-then upgraded turrets 1 4 and 5 in that order to max damage..now your group can combo fire big last clusterbomb landmines. (should be green)
-then be sure to wait at least 8 seconds before sending each wave so that at the start of each one, you send out a landmine.
-don't spend any money until you can buy the $8500 upgrade towers..you should have enough money to buy 2 when they become available..
-build a bunch of those..

*I don't know exactly how upgrades work for combos..I know they are upgraded, just not sure of the specifics.
1)are they all suddenly upgraded? or only the new landmines that are sent out?..I think it's the latter (some of the laser missles seem to be more effective that others later in the game..after I've put a bunch of upgrade towers)
2) do all towers in the group/at least 1 tower/only the "lead" tower...have to be contained within the range of the upgrade towers?..I have no clue

-then, when you can't really fit anymore upgrade towers..start another group..like group 2...the thing you have to make sure of with your groups is that your "lead" tower..a blue one..can see the spawn point of the map..otherwise, your laser missiles will kill the creeps without your group seeing them..and they won't set another mine...

--then you upgrade them just like the first group and then put upgrade towers..

you should have like 40 landmines down by the time the creeps start getting out of their spawn point...

then they erode your mines over a few levels and you lose...

that's how it went...

if you can figure out the answers to my questions about the upgrade towers..I'm sure you can do better than 206 million....gl

FluffyTiger 04-15-2007 02:42 AM

192,897,205 FluffyTiger
15th Apr 2007 07:39: 1565 kills, $123257 spent

Damn you Prodigy. I have a few ideas, I will try tommorow

JustinWilliams 04-15-2007 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there some secret to the laser chains? I've tried covering the screen with lasers and the results have been pretty poor.

Also, there is an $8500 turret available that isn't mentioned in the help file. Any clue what it does?

[/ QUOTE ]

i want too know these exact questions. can anyone answer them?

soah 04-15-2007 10:30 AM

So I learned a lot by reading their forums.

The $8500 turret doubles the power of turrets in range.

The modifier turrets affect combos as well, and only the lead turret which fires the combo needs to be in its range.

Modifier turrets do not modify other modifier turrets - so you do not gain power exponentially as you continue to add more of them.

Your score is total kills x money spent, so make sure to spend all your money before dying.

When a laser is in a chain, it boosts the power of the incoming beam by 25% and then adds its own power on top of that.

Creep strength increases by 12.5% each wave.

A turret can fire a combo every 8 seconds.

The range of a modifier turret only needs to cover the center point of a turret in order to affect it.

Jehaim 04-15-2007 11:46 AM

You can upgrade the range of the 8500-upgrade-tower, costs 1500 dollar.

keikiwai 04-15-2007 02:01 PM

i'm learning...

154 mill

the land mines are the best because they store energy

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4228/154msm5.jpg

i was hitting the spacebar for a new wave every 8-10 second up to about level 130

JustinWilliams 04-15-2007 02:54 PM

wow doing great keikiwai

ive only ever tried one cluster of turrets b4 but im going too try the doubl cluster like you have there.

I like the mines also and they are very affective.

A trick i found it too max out two blues one green and two missile launchers for the big green floating ball that kills everything it runs over, once you get that hurdling towards the start line click monster spawn about 5 times. the ball should kill them all.
warning: i clicked it 8-10 times once using the same strategy and that was way too many. my big setup was ruined once the ball went away leaving me with 50 or so monsters 2 kill.

keikiwai 04-15-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow doing great keikiwai

ive only ever tried one cluster of turrets b4 but im going too try the doubl cluster like you have there.

I like the mines also and they are very affective.

A trick i found it too max out two blues one green and two missile launchers for the big green floating ball that kills everything it runs over, once you get that hurdling towards the start line click monster spawn about 5 times. the ball should kill them all.
warning: i clicked it 8-10 times once using the same strategy and that was way too many. my big setup was ruined once the ball went away leaving me with 50 or so monsters 2 kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually think 1 grouping works best....

i'll have to try the max out trick

latest score:

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/5343/181lr6.jpg

Jehaim 04-15-2007 03:10 PM

195 mil [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1 group as Prodigy had, and 8 or so 8500 thingies. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

soah 04-15-2007 03:58 PM

I suspect that the ideal setup would be two clumps of five with just enough space between them to fit a bunch of the $8500 turrets. That way you are getting double value out of them. Even better would be three clumps of five if you can find enough space to make it work somewhere.

I took another shot at chaining lasers and got 213 mil. I think that with better spacing and some other improvements I can get that a lot higher.

Hawklet 04-15-2007 05:14 PM

I think the key to getting past 220 mil is using BFGs

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9417/bfgyb6.jpg

These guns shoot directly down the line destroying anything in it's way.

punkass 04-15-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect that the ideal setup would be two clumps of five with just enough space between them to fit a bunch of the $8500 turrets. That way you are getting double value out of them. Even better would be three clumps of five if you can find enough space to make it work somewhere.

I took another shot at chaining lasers and got 213 mil. I think that with better spacing and some other improvements I can get that a lot higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried this strat. I managed to set up two groups. I only got up to 155 mil. I don't see any noticeable difference when I lay the damage upgrades. grrr

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...224/155mil.jpg

soah 04-15-2007 10:48 PM

I got to 183m... 6 upgrade turrets

killsadie 04-15-2007 11:53 PM

195 mil holla!

ninjaunderwear 04-16-2007 01:13 AM

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/9205/203yk0.png

Getting better. I built that cluster too close to the front; could've squeezed in another $8500 there. Next time.

JustinWilliams 04-16-2007 01:16 AM

what were you using the missiles at the bottom for?

ninjaunderwear 04-16-2007 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just spending the rest of my money before I died. Score is equal to money spent times number of kills.

FluffyTiger 04-16-2007 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/9205/203yk0.png

Getting better. I built that cluster too close to the front; could've squeezed in another $8500 there. Next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not use the 3.5k upgrade tower if you are already that close to the spawn point? Maybe even 2

But if you use 3 (or maybe 2?) it reduces your range down so far that you can't shoot at anything

JustinWilliams 04-16-2007 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just spending the rest of my money before I died. Score is equal to money spent times number of kills.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh ok. thanks for that tip. i think it was mentioned earlier too

FluffyTiger 04-16-2007 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the key to getting past 220 mil is using BFGs

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9417/bfgyb6.jpg

These guns shoot directly down the line destroying anything in it's way.

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you think this? i gave it a go and they didn't seem too powerfull

FluffyTiger 04-16-2007 06:46 AM

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9623/picnm2.jpg

okay i kinda copied nijawear, but the 3.5k tower is my idea

killsadie 04-16-2007 07:45 AM

199,892,880 [censored] 200 mil and this game

JustinWilliams 04-16-2007 07:53 AM

Ok i just tried having one clusster at the start off the maze like fluffytiger and two groups of maxed out blues for land mines further down the maze.

It kinda worked since i got my highest score yet from it.
189mill.

The mines basically become usless after lvl 110+

FluffyTiger 04-16-2007 09:07 AM

sup hollar

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9739/picqt0.jpg

btw, mods, can I get a title? I've been doin good at these

(second link was me on the all time high score list for hard)

tommorow I'm gonna try to crack 210.3M which is the all time high for that map (not including laser chain)

JustinWilliams 04-16-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sup hollar

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9739/picqt0.jpg

btw, mods, can I get a title? I've been doin good at these

(second link was me on the all time high score list for hard)

tommorow I'm gonna try to crack 210.3M which is the all time high for that map (not including laser chain)

[/ QUOTE ]

Can i get a play-by-play thanks?

FluffyTiger 04-16-2007 12:00 PM

alrighty

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5569/picqt0df7.jpg

you start off by building 1 and 3. Max out the damage on each. Then upgrade the range on blue's tower just enough so it reaches the spawn point, and guarantees a combo shot from the blue tower every level even when the creeps are dieing instantly

You are now shooting out cluster bombs.

Be sure not to upgrade any tower's fire rate, and also don't upgrade any tower's range (besides the number 1 tower)

Next build 4 and max out it's damage. You are now shooting laser cluster bombs.

Next build 5 and max out it's damage. You are now shooting big laser cluster bombs.

Next build 2 and max out it's damage. You are now laying big laser cluster bomb landmines.

Now, build some laser towers like 7. This is very cheap, only 15 per tower, and let's your laser tower reach near the beginning by relaying through these towers. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but you can build the first one right next to tower number 3 and tower number 6 (while I was playing I thought I might have needed that space for an 8.5k tower)

Follow a path similar to mine so you can shoot near the spawn point. However, you want the range of your lasers to be just outside the spawn point. If the range includes the spawn point, at the beginning of each level your tower number 4 will fire at the same time (by way of the chain) as your tower number 1 will fire, and it fuks up your 5 tower combo (you'll shoot out some poison rockets and other useless crap)

Now we wait until the 8.5k tower becomes available. Some one in this thread says it doubles the damage. This tower will become available on level 100

As soon as it's available, as quick as you can build 2 (cause that's all you have the money for) of these. You want to pack them in nice and snug like I did. It only has to cover the center pixel of the number 1 blue tower to be effective (since that's where the combo shots are fired from)

If you do it right, all the 8.5k towers will reach the number 1 tower without you having to upgrade the range

As soon as the 3.5k tower is available, build one of them. It becomes available on level 110. Make sure it covers the centre of tower number 5 and tower number 6, as well as tower number 1. If you don't, tower number 5 or 6 might out-range tower number 1, screwing up your combo shots.

I am guessing the 3.5k tower does the same thing as the 8.5k tower but reduces range and fire rate. Well, fire rate is near useless in the end game (combos can fire every 8 seconds, this cannot be changed), and the number 1 tower can still reach the spawn point even with the reduced range. But you may have to upgrade the range on the number 1 tower, probably to maximum, to make sure it reaches the spawn point and fires a combo every level.

Unfortunately, when checking the range of towers, it does not take into effect the negative modifier of the 3.5k tower, so you just have to guess and check if your number 1 blue tower range is sufficient

After this, you simply build an 8.5k tower whenever you have 8.5k+

When it looks like you are about to die, spend all your money. The way I do it is click a tower, max out it's fire rate, then spam some towers. the spamming can be done with hot keys. Typing 1 will select a blue tower, 2 selects a green, and 3 selects a red. So building a tower is one key press with your left hand, and one mouse click with your right hand.

I have taken this game way too seriously.

JustinWilliams 04-16-2007 12:09 PM

thank you very much. im going too master this game so i can be on frontpage.....there goes the week.

great post
A+

FluffyTiger 04-16-2007 01:07 PM

My last post got me amped up. Had to play again

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4003/picqt0dk2.jpg

redPEPPER used a chain of lasers obv

I reckon I could get 1 or 2 more mill. I made several mistakes

JustinWilliams 04-16-2007 01:34 PM

wow very nice. TD king definantly

piiop 04-16-2007 06:20 PM

Can anyone put up a big score without chain lasers or the BBGRR strat?

keikiwai 04-16-2007 08:30 PM

here's something i didn't know

if you hit "s" you can sell a tower for %75 of original worth

it's good if a tower is screwing up your combo