Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *****Official Les Miles Screws Over Michigan By Resigning With LSU**** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558663)

orange 12-01-2007 03:33 PM

Re: Les Miles to Coach Michigan

[ QUOTE ]
Cmon Tennessee, let's get that LSU vs Michigan Capital One bowl!

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] that i want it to be UF/illinois.

heater 12-01-2007 03:33 PM

I watched yesterday's press conference and Miles said that he would be speaking to Michigan after the SEC title game.

How the [censored] does this happen with Herbstreit kicking it off on Gameday this morning? I thought Desmond was part of the search committee??? Herbie wouldn't run with this without at least talking to Desmond, right? And wouldn't Desmond deny that it was a done deal because nobody involved wanted this story to break today? The whole thing makes no sense.

heater 12-01-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just assumed that Michigan won't/didn't offer a market contract ($2m+)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Martin said last week that Michigan was willing to pay top dollar for it's next head coach and that doing so was something that would be a "culture change" for Michigan.

MicroBob 12-01-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bo was a Miami, Ohio man

[/ QUOTE ]

Cradle of Coaches FTW!!!
FWIW, Woody was a Miami, Ohio guy too.
Bo was a senior at Miami when Woody took over for Sid Gillman as head-coach.

Bo served as an asst to Woody at Ohio State but then went back to Miami as head coach from 63-68 and THEN took the Michigan job in 68.

Bo did not go directly from OSU to Michigan.

BigSoonerFan 12-01-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance that ESPN intentionally spread this misinformation to generate a breaking news story?

Seems to be a good way to create some interest and temporarily pop ratings up. Just a good old conspiracy theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance Les Miles was the ESPN "source", so he could get a better extension? :-)

MyTurn2Raise 12-01-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any chance that ESPN intentionally spread this misinformation to generate a breaking news story?

Seems to be a good way to create some interest and temporarily pop ratings up. Just a good old conspiracy theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance Les Miles was the ESPN "source", so he could get a better extension? :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a Bill Self type move

Riverman 12-01-2007 04:00 PM

Each Les press conference makes me hope he isn't our next coach more. He sounds retarded.

TruFloridaGator 12-01-2007 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a Bill Self type move

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

TruFloridaGator 12-01-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Each Les press conference makes me hope he isn't our next coach more. He sounds retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

He makes most SEC fans very happy by staying. It's not like he is some amazing recruiter, the school recruits itself & they have almost complete control on a good High School football state. Not that I like looking at rankings in recruiting, but they have 20 guys this year & not a bunch of highly rated ones. Not impressed. They have the 2nd lowest rating per player in the top 15 on Rivals.

Dids 12-01-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

ESPN claiming it broke the initial Miles to LSU story is a joke. mgoblog and others had it yesterday.