Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Can PokerStars quit spamming the tables with news flashes? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539919)

Sean Fraley 11-06-2007 06:58 PM

Can PokerStars quit spamming the tables with news flashes?

This gets really annoying after a bit. We already get the pop-up when we log in and I see no reason to bring the games to a screeching halt for 30 seconds every few hours.

Just wanted to gripe.

MikeyPatriot 11-06-2007 07:06 PM

Re: Can PokerStars quit spamming the tables with news flashes?

There's a "Block Automatic Tournament Announcements" option in the...er...Options menu.

KSOT 11-06-2007 07:06 PM

Can every site stop doing this? Especially ones where it actually causes lag like cake?

Thx.

soulvamp 11-06-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a "Block Automatic Tournament Announcements" option in the...er...Options menu.

[/ QUOTE ]

That blocks ...er...tournament announcements, but it doesn't stop those promotional news screens. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's really annoying.

ChipFerFree 11-06-2007 10:06 PM

I like it -- It distracts me so I make mistakes which cause me to win when I shouldn't...

neverforgetlol 11-06-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Mischman 11-06-2007 11:53 PM

That option blocks it from flashing a big yellow box on the table, doesnt stop it from spamming chat.

Agreed, they're annoying.

soulvamp 11-07-2007 12:50 AM

When you login to Poker Stars, and you get that annoy box upfront that tells you all that crap you don't care about -- satellites are running for EPT Bumfuck, dipstick04 has just won the Sunday Million, etc.

Sometimes, when Poker Stars updates that thing and you are online, that window gets thrown in your face without warning -- it blocks out your game and interrupts you, and you have to close that damn window to get back to your table.

That is what the OP is talking about, not tournament announcements that you can block from popup windows or that appear in the chat box.

a nonymous 11-07-2007 03:57 AM

Agree. Leave me alone, I'm busy (and I'm paying you to host my games).

Rek 11-07-2007 04:56 AM

They are trying to promote games. Annoying but they won't stop it. Bit like trying to get adverts banned from the TV because it interupts the film you are watching - it is not going to happen.