Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Actually making money - Forum Project (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=246403)

maxtower 10-27-2006 05:53 PM

Re: Actually making money - Forum Project

Topic #8 - Cars

Just thought of another one...
Topic #9 - Travel

OK, If I don't hear any more in the next hour, I'll just post the poll with 9.

Max

Neko 10-27-2006 05:56 PM

books/magazines/other printed media?

music?

maxtower 10-27-2006 06:18 PM

OK, 10 is good, one of these will probably win anyway. Pick your top 3. Spread the word. We need a few more good men/women who want to take up the challenge.

Max

BradleyT 10-27-2006 06:27 PM

I'm in, sounds like fun.

My only advice on your initial plan is that we DO NOT ALL USE THE SAME WEBHOST. If we're all on the same Class C IP block and linking to each other Google is not going to give much credit to our links.

Shoe 10-27-2006 06:33 PM

I am definitely interested, and am currently planning a sports website.

maxtower 10-27-2006 06:33 PM

BradleyT,
That sounds like good advice. Seems like this collective experiment is already paying off.

Max

BradleyT 10-27-2006 06:38 PM

Also hopefully we choose a topic that has enough niches that each of us can pick one. Although I did choose makin sweet moolah, I don't think I have any unique ideas/experience that wouldn't be covered by 2-10 other sites if we get 50 people in on the project. Categories like sports, music, and cars obviously have enough smaller niches for each of us to get a unique one. We'll see how the voting goes.

dc_publius 10-27-2006 06:41 PM

I'm interested.

I am not sure whether we should have similar niche sites or completely different. I see your point that we can share backlinks and improve our SEO and share traffic, but maybe totally independent ventures sharing ideas is better...

BradleyT 10-27-2006 06:47 PM

I think for this first project, we should all stick to the same general subject. I think this makes it easier for us to lay out a step by step plan that everyone in the project can easily follow. Say we all choose cars and each pick a car type. Then we could easily lay out a plan such as "Day 8 - write an article about tires available for your car and try to find google images of various tire mods for your car".

El Diablo 10-27-2006 06:47 PM

max,

I think this is a solid idea. As dc just mentioned, depending on how many people participate, it may make more sense to have a bunch of threads that target a demographic rather than the same topic - for example, everyone's task is to "start a site that would be of interest to 18-25yo males" or something like that.