Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   So I'm going to Prison for 2 years (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553525)

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 01:53 PM

So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

Any suggestions on how to cope. I'm goin in one week for approximately 2.5 yr on DUI charges.

KidCornelia 11-24-2007 01:56 PM

Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

damn, how many DUI's do you have, 8?

inyourface 11-24-2007 01:57 PM

beat someone down on your first day or become someones bitch

bitch

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 02:02 PM

i have 3, two being aggravated. I'm only 20 though so i guess it's not the end of the world

Chilltown 11-24-2007 02:02 PM

And don't forget

http://metaljesusrocks.com/gallery/d...Its_a_trap.jpg

You think we're joking but we're not. Knife some weiny looking crack bitch the first day.

mbillie1 11-24-2007 02:04 PM

damn that sucks man... good luck

JMa 11-24-2007 02:06 PM

so how long will you actually be in prison?

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 02:08 PM

unfortunately I live in AZ which is probably the worst state (punitive wise) to get a DUI. So I will have to do atleast 85% of time

pnazari 11-24-2007 02:12 PM

sucks to be u...consider shanking someone the first day ur there.

Jay Riall 11-24-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have 3, two being aggravated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Details please. What does aggravated mean? I have one and would never even think of reoffending, would be the stupidist thing I could ever imagine.

pirateboy 11-24-2007 02:14 PM

I hope you're there 100% of the 2.5 years. Drinking and driving is the douchiest thing since ... ever.

Rushmore 11-24-2007 02:16 PM

Jesus that sucks hard, man.

Going to prison is not something to be taken lightly, and it's definitely not something to joke about.

My understanding (from running with a pretty rough crowd for a damned long time) is that it all depends where you're doing your time. Don't listen to all these guys giving you advice based on watching Oz reruns.

Good luck.

And when you get out, learn to take a freakin cab. It's better for everyone, obviously.

adsman 11-24-2007 02:17 PM

There was a great ask me thread about a poster who did some time in some serious jails. Can't remember the posters name though, but if somebody else links it I think you should read it.

schundler 11-24-2007 02:19 PM

it was myturn2raise

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have 3, two being aggravated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Details please. What does aggravated mean? I have one and would never even think of reoffending, would be the stupidist thing I could ever imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

agg. means i had no license at the time....I know what your saying. I couldn't imagine getting another after the first, then had the same feeling after the second ect. I really have no excuses. All I can say is I have gone thorugh rehab and and now sober.

Tony_P 11-24-2007 02:20 PM

i hope you get raped a lot

IggyWH 11-24-2007 02:22 PM

Are you going to one of those tent prisons?

ikestoys 11-24-2007 02:22 PM

i think youre lucky as hell that you get to go to prison instead of being dead or killing someone else

i hope prison sucks 4 you

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think youre lucky as hell that you get to go to prison instead of being dead or killing someone else

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks man

adsman 11-24-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was myturn2raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it.

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you going to one of those tent prisons?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'll be in a stricly DUI yard in State Prison, I have been to the tents b4 though. The tents are worse than any prison could ever be

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it was myturn2raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty I will def. read.

gumpzilla 11-24-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This attitude seems dumb to me. DUI seems to cover a whole lot of ground, in terms of actual capacity to drive. I've known people who have gotten DUIs that the cops acknowledged at the time were [censored]; one of my friends was even told "Hey, trust me, just go get a lawyer and you'll beat this no problem." I could be wrong, but I think this was after he blew something legal like a .05 and the cop decided to call him intoxicated anyway.

Now, the OP does not sound like it was that kind of deal. And there certainly are some DUIs where the people are in no shape to be driving at all. But I think it's a broad enough legal classification that treating it as one of the few remaining True Evils is usually going a little overboard.

esad 11-24-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm only 20 though so i guess it's not the end of the world

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually yes, it is in a way. That's the problem with being 20, you're too stupid to realize that you've pretty much [censored] your life up. Good luck getting any kind of good job as an ex-felon.

ybother 11-24-2007 02:34 PM

do you have an idea which jail/prison in AZ?

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm only 20 though so i guess it's not the end of the world

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually yes, it is in a way. That's the problem with being 20, you're too stupid to realize that you've pretty much [censored] your life up. Good luck getting any kind of good job as an ex-felon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the insight without knowing my personal situation. I'm trying to stay positive btw

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you have an idea which jail/prison in AZ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure it all depends on what security level i get classified in (most likely mininum). Maybe Florence

ikestoys 11-24-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This attitude seems dumb to me. DUI seems to cover a whole lot of ground, in terms of actual capacity to drive. I've known people who have gotten DUIs that the cops acknowledged at the time were [censored]; one of my friends was even told "Hey, trust me, just go get a lawyer and you'll beat this no problem." I could be wrong, but I think this was after he blew something legal like a .05 and the cop decided to call him intoxicated anyway.

Now, the OP does not sound like it was that kind of deal. And there certainly are some DUIs where the people are in no shape to be driving at all. But I think it's a broad enough legal classification that treating it as one of the few remaining True Evils is usually going a little overboard.

[/ QUOTE ]
someone makes a mistake, fine.

3 times, twice aggravated, you get what you deserve. its pretty goddamn easy not to get into a car while drinking

xx44 11-24-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions on how to cope. I'm goin in one week for approximately 2.5 yr on DUI charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me

mbillie1 11-24-2007 02:39 PM

Ignore all these guys talking sh*t here man. Try to just get through it. The MyTurn2Raise thread is great fwiw. Stay human.

XXXNoahXXX 11-24-2007 02:42 PM

A relative of mine had a few DUIs and finally got his license back, but he has one of those breathalyzer machines in his car. Whenever the car is on, at random times, some thing goes off, and he has like 3 minutes to blow/hum into it or else its a violation. He also has to pay $100/month for two years for having the device and calibration, etc.

He said he was just getting used to it, and got a violation at like 9am because he left his car running to go back into the house to grab something he forgot and it went off.

With some people DUI just a result of the disease of alcoholism, so for that I don't immediately say "you're evil! i hope you rot in hell!" but I also think there is absolutely no excuse.

2.5 years sucks, especially at 20. thankfully you didn't take some family in a minivan with you and hopefully this will set you straight in life.

gumpzilla 11-24-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

someone makes a mistake, fine.

3 times, twice aggravated, you get what you deserve. its pretty goddamn easy not to get into a car while drinking

[/ QUOTE ]

According to OP, aggravated in this context means that it was done while he had a suspended license, not that he was necessarily super extra drunk.

DontRaiseMeBro 11-24-2007 02:43 PM

2p2 group trip imo

MuresanForMVP 11-24-2007 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you're there 100% of the 2.5 years. Drinking and driving is the douchiest thing since ... ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh christ here we go again. I guess we should start tossing people in the clink for wearing headbands with gelled hair cause that's really douchy too. amirite?

MuresanForMVP 11-24-2007 02:50 PM

That's a quality 2p2 handle,and an awesome avatar as well. A+

aislephive 11-24-2007 02:54 PM

All I can say is good luck, hope the experience changes you for the better.

I'd give you advice but given the amount of Oz I've watched in the past three months I'm just not going to say anything. :X

stormstarter28 11-24-2007 02:55 PM

I just read a book for my Punishment class called "About Prison" by Michael Santos. He wrote the book specifically for people about to serve prison sentences. I highly recommend you get a hold of it if you can.

jhogstyle 11-24-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A relative of mine had a few DUIs and finally got his license back, but he has one of those breathalyzer machines in his car. Whenever the car is on, at random times, some thing goes off, and he has like 3 minutes to blow/hum into it or else its a violation. He also has to pay $100/month for two years for having the device and calibration, etc.

He said he was just getting used to it, and got a violation at like 9am because he left his car running to go back into the house to grab something he forgot and it went off.

With some people DUI just a result of the disease of alcoholism, so for that I don't immediately say "you're evil! i hope you rot in hell!" but I also think there is absolutely no excuse.

2.5 years sucks, especially at 20. thankfully you didn't take some family in a minivan with you and hopefully this will set you straight in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clearly have an issue with alcohol and am currently addressing it( have been to rehab and am currently involved with AA). This is not an excuse but it sheds light on the greater problem. We could have a whole other debate on whether Prison is a positive solution for people and society as a whole.

I will also probably lose my license for like 5 years for all you in favor of heavy punishment

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-24-2007 03:23 PM

have you looked into what the penalties are for going on the run? since you are only sentenced to 2.5 years, they probably won't really even chase after you. Its very easy to steal someone else's identity or just buy/steal a passport and leave the country. I don't know what technology will be like in the future and how likely it is you can stay hidden, but 2.5 years is a long time imho.

if you go to jail just remember, "you only do two days. the day you go in and the day you get out" - avon barksdale.

suzzer99 11-24-2007 03:34 PM

OP, did you hurt anyone? 2 years seems kind of excessive unless you hurt someone or had other priors or something. But I don't know anything.

Maybe you'd get a little more sympathy from OOT if you humanized yourself a little. What were the details of each dui? What did you learn? What did you think you learned with the previous DUIs but didn't? How did you wind up in the car that 3rd time and what was your big mistake that got you there? etc.

As someone who's had one DUI and has a tendency to get out of his head on rare occasions, that last piece of info. could come in handy.