Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   One hand - two questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543533)

Laetus 11-11-2007 10:57 AM

One hand - two questions

1 ) Do you c-bet this flop? What is your plan on turn if you opt to check flop?

2 ) Is my river call spewy?

Reads:
SB 21/17/3.5
BB 21/8/1.3 after 50 hands and I have seen him CC w/ AKo pre , co vs button and he called c-bet on Q-high flop (and the hand was checked on turn and river)
I myself is playing TAG.

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$5
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($60, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $44</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($148, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($148, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $75</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $298

Laetus 11-11-2007 11:43 AM

Re: One hand - two questions

Both villains have a full buy-in and I cover both.

wazz 11-11-2007 12:03 PM

River call is not spewy at all. I sometimes c-bet this flop but I mostly check behind and try to catch good. If I do check behind I will almost always bet the turn for value.

Praetor 11-11-2007 12:09 PM

hand is fine as played

Joey2Cards 11-11-2007 01:16 PM

I just wrote a REALLY long review of this hand and somehow managed to lose it!

My outcome was that the call was only correct if you believed villain would be on a complete bluff one third of the time. Definitely didn't have a pair of kings. My guess would be 78h.

Great hand!!!

Nick Royale 11-11-2007 01:19 PM

I'd play it the same.

Joey2Cards 11-11-2007 01:20 PM

Also, I don't c-bet a multiway pot. My plan on the turn would be to see if my opponents bet. If they did, I would fold. If they did not, I would bet.

danjohncochane 11-11-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't c-bet a multiway pot. My plan on the turn would be to see if my opponents bet. If they did, I would fold. If they did not, I would bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol that is terrible advice.

Joey2Cards 11-11-2007 02:29 PM

I don't know why I posted that, I agree with you. If I'm not willing to represent the king on the flop then I can't rightfully bet on the turn. By checking the hand, I'm giving up on the pot and so I should not bet unless my hand improves. My bad.

However, in future, please explain yourself a little better. Be CONSTRUCTIVE, my friend! We're here to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mark1808 11-11-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why I posted that, I agree with you. If I'm not willing to represent the king on the flop then I can't rightfully bet on the turn. By checking the hand, I'm giving up on the pot and so I should not bet unless my hand improves. My bad.

However, in future, please explain yourself a little better. Be CONSTRUCTIVE, my friend! We're here to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post, keep em coming. Since villan will call flop OP with a variety of hands and a draw on board I would 2nd barrel the turn. I see lots of players call the flop with a very wide range that they will give up on turn to a 2nd bet. By betting the turn you can get better hands to fold that would bet or call the river if you check the turn.