Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   did i screw up on every street? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532880)

Munchkin Mayor 10-27-2007 10:49 PM

did i screw up on every street?

30-60 at Canterbury Park.

UTG, is a terrible player will who will play just about anything, limps. UTG +1, who is a decent player, calls. I am next. Look down at JJ.

The dynamic of the game is that if I raise here, I will get autocalled by two or three others plus the blinds, but if I just call fewer people will join in.

So I decide to simply call...

Anyway, one more caller plus the blinds. So 6 people to the flop.

Flop is 468, rainbow. BB, Master William, bets out. UTG calls. UTG +1 folds. It smells like two pair. So I just call. One more caller.

Turn is King. Master William bets. UTG calls. I call. River is a King. Now I am sure I have a better two pair, and can't wait to raise BB when he bets out (and I know he will because I have played my hand so weakly.)

Sure enough he bets. Now UTG decides to raise. I tank, then fold.

How badly did I play this?

Hass 10-27-2007 11:45 PM

Re: did i screw up on every street?

I like the river fold.

I also like raising pf so I understand what is going on around me a little more ya know. I always feel so lost when I try to play a hand like this.

SNOWBALL 10-27-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also like raising pf so I understand what is going on around me a little more ya know.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, or for VALUE

sternroolz 10-28-2007 06:52 AM

Mandatory raise pf IMO. For value and to make the hand easier to play on further streets. You have likely the best hand and you are afraid of a family pot?

AAlphamale 10-28-2007 06:59 AM

I would fold the turn. It's very likely that someone has a king, but calling station's don't usually bet unless they have two pair or better, as you can see in river when somebody got trips. I don't think you have enought odds to call to hit a 2-outer?? Either way, as played, you absolutely must fold the river.

surfdoc 10-28-2007 07:16 AM

Are you freaking serious with this preflop play?

hoppscot22 10-28-2007 07:19 AM

you like arent good at limit holdem...
it isnt that hard of a game when you have JJ etc.... just raise, bet when you have overpairs etc. dont over think it especially in games like these IMO.

Getting fancy will hurt you long run... you are trying to like reverse fancy it which is like worse than fancying it... this hand makes my head hurt to be honest.

hoppscot22 10-28-2007 07:20 AM

and by the way master william bets a WAY wider range then 2 pr + on the flop

BadBigBabar 10-28-2007 01:07 PM

lol@pf

leo doc 10-28-2007 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you freaking serious with this preflop play?

[/ QUOTE ]
As well as this line of reasoning:

"The dynamic of the game is that if I raise here, I will get autocalled by two or three others plus the blinds, but if I just call fewer people will join in."

Lemme make sure I get OP's reasoning. (Feel free to help me if I'm missing something, btw.) It's likely I have the best hand. If I raise, there will me more people in the pot when I likely have the best hand. BUT... if I just call, I will have fewer people in the pot when I likely have the best hand.

Wow, just WOW.